Chuck Starkey Carbon Fiber Shaft

hunter121

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chuck Starkey Carbon Fiber Shaft * Pics Up*

Received a Carbon Fiber shaft from Chuck on Wednesday that I have been playing around with the last few days. Took me a about a hr to adjust to the shaft from my bdcue ss/360.

The shaft plays really good, has a nice stiff hit. Draw seemed to be really easy and will take me a bit to get use to. It definitely feels lighter then my other wood shafts but when on the cue I didn't notice to much difference.

Overall, first impressions, I really like it. Ill work on getting some pictures up and updating this thread the more I play with the shaft for a more appropriate review.

Attachments

• IMG_20180901_183638490.jpg
    IMG_20180901_183638490.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 3,009
  • IMG_20180901_183652195.jpg
    IMG_20180901_183652195.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 2,831
Last edited:

hunter121

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update -

After playing with the shaft for a month, I absolutely love it. A quick wipe down of the shaft when it gets a little grabby and everything is smooth as could be. I did change the tip to a medium ivory ultraskin since I was having a issue focusing on a black tip with the black shaft.

I seem to play best with a soft/medium stroke, deflection seems very low but I still have to figure out a way to test this between my other shafts.

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the update

I have started using ivory ultraskins on all the new shafts I make for the same reason.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Received a Carbon Fiber shaft from Chuck on Wednesday that I have been playing around with the last few days. Took me a about a hr to adjust to the shaft from my bdcue ss/360.

The shaft plays really good, has a nice stiff hit. Draw seemed to be really easy and will take me a bit to get use to. It definitely feels lighter then my other wood shafts but when on the cue I didn't notice to much difference.

Overall, first impressions, I really like it. Ill work on getting some pictures up and updating this thread the more I play with the shaft for a more appropriate review.

I have been looking for a carbon fiber shaft like the predator but not willing to pay that much. Cuetec is coming out with one. Don't know much about it or the cost. Anyone with info on it?

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member

Don't like the "dart" appearance. What does it cost?

anbukev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been looking for a carbon fiber shaft like the predator but not willing to pay that much. Cuetec is coming out with one. Don't know much about it or the cost. Anyone with info on it?

The MSRP (manufacturer suggested retail price) for the shaft is $449.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-16-18-51-38-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-10-16-18-51-38-1.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 2,039

hunter121

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't like the "dart" appearance. What does it cost?

I'm not going to quote a price for him since there's many variables but expect $300ish depending on options.

The dart appearance was because of my request for the long straight taper. Although a little non traditional looking I've gotten use to it and the taper or there lack of is what I wanted

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Generation 2

The first ones looked like the dart, the 2nd generation shafts I now make look like standard shaft size.
Mine cost $300

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just ordered one myself that's due to arrive Wednesday. Really looking forward to taking it for a spin.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you get the shaft? Impressions?

I did and I love everything about it. I had a Revo 12.4 that I sold and I can say that, for me, this shaft is much better. I like the hit, taper, etc...

Just one guys opinion but I like it very much.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did and I love everything about it. I had a Revo 12.4 that I sold and I can say that, for me, this shaft is much better. I like the hit, taper, etc...

Nice, Chuck is building me a cue in a couple months but I am getting the wooden joint on that one. Might have to get one for my Joss

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Where’s the pic

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Photo

His looks something like this accept, it is all black

Attachments

• 20190223_163038.jpg
    20190223_163038.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 962