Your Predictions for USA Pro Pool in 2014?

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
The tourney slate for 2014 has all but been wiped out.

I'd like to ask you, what do you see happening in 2014?

The predicktor that comes the closest gets an all expense paid trip. To the rest room. :grin:

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see DAZ betting HIGH, and taking everyone off

Lmao
NOT

he thinks he can beat SVB, oh boy is this guy become the laughing stock of pool.

If he beats SVB it will be in English 8 ball, or snooker
It won't be in

Banks
One Pocket
8 ball
9 ball
10 ball

When SVB gets done with this guy he will be wanting to play races to 1, because going to 5 against SVB he won't be able to see the finish line

Last edited:

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
I see DAZ betting HIGH, and taking everyone off

Lmao
NOT

he thinks he can beat SVB, oh boy is this guy become the laughing stock of pool.

If he beats SVB it will be in English 8 ball, or snooker
It won't be in

Banks
One Pocket
8 ball
9 ball
10 ball

When SVB gets done with this guy he will be wanting to play races to 1, because going to 5 against SVB he won't be able to see the finish line

You forgot to mention 2014 you losing your $20 backing Gene against me....

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lee you guys are not going to play.
But if you do, there's a chance I may lose it. Your a good player, as well is Gene.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I have some pretty strong, quasi educated speculations. But 1st, I have a desire to fall asleep.

I'd truly love to hear the crystal balls of my brethren.

Pool is like the drunk hot chick that shows you interest... Call me in the mourning.

WTF is going to happen people?

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How bout I play Lee, with a small spot obviously. He does run with all the world beaters, and is in all the big events. I'm just a workin guy, pool junkie, with a few bucks to burn, and if we make the game one thing I promise is ILL PLAY, and noones going to stake me. I don't play good enough to get staked.
Just a friendly wager.

What can me and lee do for a buck or two? That's if Gene don't play

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll let you 3 guys in this thread figure out a good game and bet, I may just take it so be careful what you offer. But be fair too, don't try and high roll me or trick me into some even game

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It's not looking too promising, KK9. All I can see on American soil, omitting lesser regional events, for 2014 is this:

DCC banks
DCC one pocket
DCC nine ball
DCC "Bigfoot" ten ball
DCC 14.1 challenge
Super Billiards Expo pro event
Fury 14.1 Challenge
An invitational pro event at BCAPLs
Regular Joss Tour events
Turning Stone (two of them)
World 14.1 Event at Steinway
US Open 9-ball
Bonus Ball, in an inestimable quantity
US Bar Table championship
Jay Swanson Memorial
TAR matches

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
It's not looking too promising, KK9. All I can see on American soil, omitting lesser regional events, for 2014 is this:

DCC banks
DCC one pocket
DCC nine ball
DCC "Bigfoot" ten ball
DCC 14.1 challenge
Super Billiards Expo pro event
Fury 14.1 Challenge
An invitational pro event at BCAPLs
Regular Joss Tour events
Turning Stone (two of them)
World 14.1 Event at Steinway
US Open 9-ball
Bonus Ball, in an inestimable quantity
US Bar Table championship
Jay Swanson Memorial
TAR matches

Watch the backers try to fill the desperate void. And the big boys scramble. They both will....

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Whatever happens, if the current class of USA pros are involved, there will be plenty of drama and unprofessionalism.

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh this one is really easy. Leadership will be fractured. Players will follow bad advice when someone promises them a yellow brick road. A promoter will try to skip out without paying the players. Pool rooms will close in high traffic areas. At least one player will get in trouble with the law. A cue builder will have health issues (probably due to hazards of his field years ago). And he'll have at least one negative thread from a customer demanding his cue asap. An argument will be started about aiming systems and will lead to a high stakes match. We won't know until the last month whether the US Open will take place. Barry's introductions will keep everyone on pins and needles.

Don't you know that nothing has changed in pool for decades other than a few fresh faces? We'll continue making the same mistakes. This is our history. I wouldn't bet against it, but I would pull for a little bit of change.

Respect, Courage, and Commitment!

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predictions for 2014

I am pessimestic for 2014. Unless more money is added to events, pool will continue to spirial down in the USA. Maybe pool will rise like a Phoeinx from it ashes and become something like it was years ago. I certainly hope so. We need the following:
- new players
- promotion on TV
- more pool rooms
- unionize the players
- better funded events
- better behavior from our players