Congratulations to The Purdman

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations for you that stepped up to back John Schmidt in the US Open.It was a kind and generous offer on your part and I'm glad that your kindness is now being rewarded.Hope you had the time of your life.
RJ

Tarantula

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
Congratulations for you that stepped up to back John Schmidt in the US Open.It was a kind and generous offer on your part and I'm glad that your kindness is now being rewarded.Hope you had the time of your life.
RJ
Congratulations to you, Purdman, and John for an awesome tournament! :D

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Comes around...goes around. Remember not too long ago Purdy was giving away a Richard Black cue to a complete stranger who was down on his luck. Could not of happened to a finer gentleman.;)
Purdman has proved time & time again on this forum what type of man he is...one I'm proud to call a friend. Congrats DON!!!:D :D :D

RunArak

Dead Account
Silver Member
Purdman,

It could not have happened to a better guy. You have been very generous to others on the board, I look at it as you deserved it.. Now to all of those naysayers that were blasting John ror asking for a backer.. You gambled a bit and won.. that is awesome.
I am glad to see that you made out well.. Congrats.

Joe

Purdman

Banned
RunArak said:
Purdman,

It could not have happened to a better guy. You have been very generous to others on the board, I look at it as you deserved it.. Now to all of those naysayers that were blasting John ror asking for a backer.. You gambled a bit and won.. that is awesome.
I am glad to see that you made out well.. Congrats.

Joe

Thank you very much Joe, I truly appriciate it my friend. I wasn't in it for the money and I think you know that. John is a stand up guy and will be a great example and ambasador for the sport we all love. It was my pleasuer and not really a gamble for me. I brought along a couple of cues to sell to cover my expenses and the stake if we went 2 and out. It really didn't matter to me. They been laying around for a couple of years anyway. They were made to be played just like all cues. Sold one the second day I got here. That covered $1,100 of the stake.;)
This has been the most wonderful experience of my life and I was happy to share it with all my Az friends. John was our horse in this race and he won it for us ALL!
Don ( Purdman ) Purdy
2006 US Open 9 Ball Championship Winner Stakehorse :D

Last edited:

Purdman

Banned
Varney Cues said:
Comes around...goes around. Remember not too long ago Purdy was giving away a Richard Black cue to a complete stranger who was down on his luck. Could not of happened to a finer gentleman.;)
Purdman has proved time & time again on this forum what type of man he is...one I'm proud to call a friend. Congrats DON!!!:D :D :D

Thanks Varney, I appriciate it my friend. I am also proud to call you my friend. Hope to meet you soon.
Purdman:D

It ain't nothing but a thing!!!!

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Purdman said:
Thank you very much Joe, I truly appriciate it my friend. I wasn't in it for the money and I think you know that. John is a stand up guy and will be a great example and ambasador for the sport we all love. It was my pleasuer and not really a gamble for me. I brought along a couple of cues to sell to cover my expenses and the stake if we went 2 and out. It really didn't matter to me. They been laying around for a couple of years anyway. They were made to be played just like all cues. Sold one the second day I got here. That covered $1,100 of the stake.;)
This has been the most wonderful experience of my life and I was happy to share it with all my Az friends. John was our horse in this race and he won it for us ALL!
Don ( Purdman ) Purdy

Yo Don...gotta love that quote. Glad to have met you. The pleasure is all mine. Thank you for the kind words and prayers. you know what i am talking about. Hope to meet you again soon..again ,,,,,congratulations on the backing and win of John....................mike

Joe T

Purdman with the positive karma

Yes, way to go Don. By the sounds of it you had just as much fun as John by the way of nerves and excitement! Nothing like a once in lifetime positive experience!
I hope it's at least a twice in a lifetime experience for both of you!

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
kept you sane

don, i hope i helped keep you sane with john's run to glory. i know i was a bit harsh telling you to "get out of the room" but that's the way you wanted it and it worked for you all week. ;) :D congrats to you and to john for a time i will never forget. oh yea for next year i'm bringing some tissues with me so you don't have to use your sleeves. ;)

Purdman

Banned
skins said:
don, i hope i helped keep you sane with john's run to glory. i know i was a bit harsh telling you to "get out of the room" but that's the way you wanted it and it worked for you all week. ;) :D congrats to you and to john for a time i will never forget. oh yea for next year i'm bringing some tissues with me so you don't have to use your sleeves. ;)

Hey wildman, thanks for being there for me. Tears of joy are special to me caus they come from the heart. You my friend are another great guy and it was wonderful having you there to lean on. You have made a friend for life and I can't wait to get together again. Maybe some blues in Chicago!
Looking forward to working with you on that cue buddy. You are one hell of an artist. You don't keep to bad of company yourself. What a great bunch of people.
Thanks again, Purdman:D

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations Purdman! You must have had so much fun during the Open watching your horse get deeper and deeper into the tournament and eventually winning in the finals, bet you can't wait for next year;)

sliprock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Purdman said:
Don ( Purdman ) Purdy

You should order one of those nice Justis cases and have this engraved on the side..:D

jkjerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Purdman,

I am glad that Cindi and I were able to meet you at the Open. What a great time it was!

I am so glad you were able to make it and help out in the many ways that you had.

John is a very gracious player (although deadly, especially after his victory over Earl). He played very well all week and it was going to be hard to keep him away from the final table. Even when things were not going all his way during the final, he did not give up. As a result, things started turning around and he took advantage of the 'little' things. That built his momentum and from there, his victory was going to happen and you could tell.

My hat is off to Rudolfo as well for a great tournament as well!

You are absolutely a fun person to be around and we are better for now know you personally.

Thanks again for all of the memories.

Jerry

Attached, a pic of the final Nine-ball going into the pocket.

Attachments

• NC5B2354a.JPG
    NC5B2354a.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 481

Purdman

Banned
I didn't see that in person. I was outside when the convention went into a roar. I knew in my heart of hearts that God didn't take us that far just to let us down. I prayed for his will to be done. By looking at the picture, John was in as much shock as I was. Thanks for the wonderful picture and it was my pleasure.
Hey, my wife thinks I was with some other woman at the tournament. I know she is reading this forum. Tell her about all the women I was hanging out with. She hates me and wants a divorce. If I have to make a choice between her and all my pool friends and my passion for the game, cues, cuemakers, and player, well, she gotta go!!!
Purdman

jkjerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Purdman,

You seemed to be even more nervous than John. From what I could tell, you were always within earshot of a match but just could not stand to watch. Each time they ended, you were right there to shake John's hand though.

I agree with Timberly, you now know a bit of what it is like to be watching someone with whom you have an interest in. You may have had this before but I could see it down at the U.S. Open.

Sorry about the wife. You said so many nice things about her in our discussions at the tourny. I hope she is not serious.

All the best to you Purdman!!!

We look forward to sweating matches with you in the future.

Jerry

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
WOW, good for you Don!!!! Glad to see an AZer to John up on his offer and came out ahead. Very smart move on your part Don!

Purdman

Banned
Icon of Sin said:
WOW, good for you Don!!!! Glad to see an AZer to John up on his offer and came out ahead. Very smart move on your part Don!

My friend Heath, SOMEBODY HAD TO DO IT!!! John is to good of a person to let a little change rob him of his place in history. It was my pleasure and I wouldn't have minded if we went 2 and out. I had a gut feeling about John and I was right.:D I didn't know who he was or how he played. It was the way he asked. From the heart buddy. That's what got him there.
Purdman

Purdman

Banned
jkjerry said:
Hey Purdman,

You seemed to be even more nervous than John. From what I could tell, you were always within earshot of a match but just could not stand to watch. Each time they ended, you were right there to shake John's hand though.

I agree with Timberly, you now know a bit of what it is like to be watching someone with whom you have an interest in. You may have had this before but I could see it down at the U.S. Open.

Sorry about the wife. You said so many nice things about her in our discussions at the tourny. I hope she is not serious.

All the best to you Purdman!!!

We look forward to sweating matches with you in the future.

Jerry

Whatever is suposed to be will be Jerry. That's the man upstairs call. I know I have done the best I could. I will spend the rest of my life trying to be the best person I can be. I am not perfect by any strech buddy, but I am giving it my best shot.
It was sweating with ya. I belonged out side in the hall.:D
Shake his hand, hell, I kissed him once before the win!!!:eek:
Purdman;)
Now she is gonna read this and think I am a little light in the loafers!:rolleyes: What ya gonna do buddy!!!
NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!

Hambone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to Purdman and John. Good things happen to good people and I belive you still have more coming your way. If you make it back down south dont be a stranger and give me a call.