Jacoby BLACK good?

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They all feel about the same to me.
Remind me of the fiberglass shafts that Cuetec
used to make back in the day.
Are they good? Sure they play just fine.
The meucci, Cuetec, predator, jacoby carbon
shafts all feel about the same to me. Play
very similar too.
I think the ld shafts from all the top companies
play about the same as well. If they are the
same diameter.
My choice- just a solid hard rock maple 13mm

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I've been trying out various carbon fiber shafts and right now I prefer
the Jacoby Black with the Cuetec Cynergy second, Revo third.
The Revo is a great shaft so the differences are minor.
Although I'm talking 12.9 mm vs, 12.3 which is a substantial difference.

I'm sure that other than the tip diameters, tips and ferrules, there isn't a of of difference, they all play good.

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve said it before, GO SL plays better than all listed for total performance, hit, feel and sound. Do yourself a favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve said it before, GO SL plays better than all listed for total performance, hit, feel and sound. Do yourself a favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried it its good, but I think Revo is still in a whole different league when it comes to CF, they invented it if I'm not mistaken.

I know players who used to struggle to run 3 or 4 balls in a row in rotation games for years, and I literally mean years they were stuck in the same level, once they bought a Revo, now they run a rack or two from time to time, and I'm not exaggerating here or even making an advertisement here, I'm not even a rep, but this exactly what happened before my eyes.

TxBullDog

Registered
I've tried it its good, but I think Revo is still in a whole different league when it comes to CF, they invented it if I'm not mistaken.

I know players who used to struggle to run 3 or 4 balls in a row in rotation games for years, and I literally mean years they were stuck in the same level, once they bought a Revo, now they run a rack or two from time to time, and I'm not exaggerating here or even making an advertisement here, I'm not even a rep, but this exactly what happened before my eyes.
I have yet in 30 years seen any pool equipment fix stroke mechanics or pattern play.... Just sayin One time maybe but no cue is going to improve your game overnight from 3/4 balls to 9 or 18 ball runs consistently.

TxBullDog

Registered
I've been trying out various carbon fiber shafts and right now I prefer
the Jacoby Black with the Cuetec Cynergy second, Revo third.
The Revo is a great shaft so the differences are minor.
Although I'm talking 12.9 mm vs, 12.3 which is a substantial difference.

I'm sure that other than the tip diameters, tips and ferrules, there isn't a of of difference, they all play good.
I tried seven CF shafts. The one I like the best is the Jacoby Black if it has the correct measurements and weight.... Revo 12.4 is not bad a choice but more stiff and need to replace the tip. I prefer kamui soft tips. The tapper on the Jacoby is just awesome for shorter people or reaching with its length around 19 inch mark compared to others. Revo and many others are pro tapper around 16 inches. Revo is a little less deflection but not much. Jacoby sounds better on hits.