View Single Post
Old
  (#19)
Andrew Manning
Aspiring know-it-all
Andrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-17-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseejoe View Post
Try this to experiment and determine deflection. Find your pivot point or at least use the same bridge length.

Put the cue ball on the head line 1/2 inch off the long rail. Now put an object ball a couple inches past the side pocket on the same long rail, also 1/2 inch off the rail. Shoot this several times with stop shot.. This will give you some feeling of shooting straight.

Now do this with left spin stop shot until you consistently make the ball and the cue ball stops and spins in place.. Next try right spin. Then go to left draw...then right draw...right follow...left follow.

This is a great exercise for beginners also.
Good call.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

If you knew what you didn't know, you wouldn't not know it. -Danny Diliberto