Invasion started

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Case looks GOOD!! Only prob is what if the writing (which many of us can't read) says something to the effect of "I like DICK" (nixon):eek:

seems like it's always something...

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I don't understand this whole Justis knock-off thing. For the sake of argument, let's assume for a moment that buying such a thing is reasonable...then why would you buy a knock-off without the knock-off price?

StevenPWaldon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because it was made by Chinese masters! MASTERS!

mosconiac said:
I don't understand this whole Justis knock-off thing. For the sake of argument, let's assume for a moment that buying such a thing is reasonable...then why would you buy a knock-off without the knock-off price?

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
The writing on one side says "Built and inspected by a 6 year old" :)

The other side says "Made in New York"... for Nasc.. and coco..

Doesn't believe this to be a Justis West case.. I am hoping not from the same factory.

JV

MasterClass

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These cases are sold here in AZ right? I thought the seller of theses cases also post here regularly.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
These cases have been around for a while. They aren't Justis knockoffs. They are cases done in the Curtis/Flowers/Justis/Swift style. The tooling is top notch. As mentioned there was a lengthy thread about them in the WTS section.

At the BCA Expo there will be some tooled cases making their debut that are far beyond just about anything on the market so far. Since the themes on almost all of these are drawn from Chinese mythology and history there won't be much doubt where these cases come from.

As I said before, if you are looking for a high end case then this year is a banner year with more active case makers than I have ever seen at one time.

It only makes sense that people in other countries would start making high end cases like this.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
$500?

no thanks, for that price, I think i would ride up to coconut creek and visit with Jack.

nasc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
classiccues said:
The writing on one side says "Built and inspected by a 6 year old" :)

The other side says "Made in New York"... for Nasc.. and coco..

Doesn't believe this to be a Justis West case.. I am hoping not from the same factory.

JV
As soon as you think you are out..... they drag you back in.:eek:
Glen

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
LOL......$500...that is insane

I paid $50 for a cheap "elite" case two years ago at BCA.....It is still in perfect shape....

For $350 I can get a custom case designed and built by a local maker with many different leather options.

torqiet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good news- the words do not translate into anything idiotic, it is the last verse of a very old chinese poem(Tang dynasty) written to send off a general (glorifying the magnificant spectacle).

the actual translation for anyone *really* interested:
We have read, in the Green Books, tales of old days-
But here we behold a living man, mightier than the dead.

bad news- it doesnt matter what the words say.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought it says, "Here lies the eunuch's b*lls, who tried to mess with the Emperor's concubines!"
1202.gif

Dawgie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It simply gives support to up and coming pool players. The Chinese symbols say ~

CHANGE & HOPE YA'LL, YO YO YO DAWG.