Should I get a Kamui or a Moori tip for my new cue?

Gogafem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am getting a new cue, but that's another thread...
As for the tip, what do you think? I currently have a Kamui Medium and I think it would be better to be softer, so if I go with Kamui I'd go with Soft. What do you think about Moori? What's the biggest difference?

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
I find the Kamui holds chalk better and for some odd reason I've had more miscues with Moori than Kamui probably for the same reason I've stated.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO, stay with kamui. both the s & ss are awesome. if your cue is on the stiff side you might try ss. if the cue is a little more flexible try the soft. i'm pushing the kamui's due to recent experience. haven't used a moori in a while. also, if you can demo one, try the ultraskin. super tip at a killer price.

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used Mooris for years and years. It was finally new tip time so I switched to a Kamui black. Well, I'm back to a Moori and happy happy. The Kamui was glazing all the time and it was back to a Moori. No glazing now.:smile::):smile:

Last edited:

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
for a few years the only tip I would use was a Moori medium.

For the last couple years I have been using a Kamui Black soft. I feel like it is a much better tip. I get much better control and feel with it. When I switch back to one of my cues with the moori it just doesn't feel or shoot as well. I know it's just a personal thing but that's my two cents

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another Sniper user here. I've been using them for maybe 10 years now, or whenever they came out. I've never had one mushroom. THe one on my playing cue now I installed 4 years ago, and it still is not mushroomed in the least. The tips feel soft, and hold chalk really well. My favorite by far.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I've used both Kamui and Moori interchangeably for years. I've only used the hard versions of each, and the main difference is that the Kamui is noticably harder than the Moori. I've never noticed a difference in their ability to hold chalk or in the number of miscues.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
Sniper on my Falcon, SS360 shaft and getting a cue with a Kamui soft because its the option it comes with.

Kamui is going to have to impress the crap out of me to keep it on my cue...

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I think that a good alternative to the Kamuis are the Ultra skin tips made by Tom Hay. After playing with them for three weeks, I have to say that I do like them. I like the price even more.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I am getting a new cue, but that's another thread...
As for the tip, what do you think? I currently have a Kamui Medium and I think it would be better to be softer, so if I go with Kamui I'd go with Soft. What do you think about Moori? What's the biggest difference?

They both play great when new, but that's as far as it goes with any softer tip. I switch back and forth. I have a Kamui on one shaft and a moori on another. IMO older tips just don't play like newer ones

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
I vote ultraskin soft

I am a former original moori user for prob 12 years. Last year went to black. Soft kumui. I am 4 months on the ultra skin and wont ever go back. Awsome tip. Less miscues. No mushrooming. And the price. Sweet. Plus ur buying american and supporting one of pools good guys.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check this out:

http://www.pooldawg.com/article/pooldawg-library/the-ultimate-pool-cue-tip-guide

It's all a matter of personal preference. I refer to that guide a lot when picking out what tips to use on my cues. I originally had a Tiger Everest tip on my cue, didn't like it. I decided to try a moori medium and kamui black medium, and stuck with the moori medium for a long time. Just put a moori hard on my cue, and so far I'm loving it.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I am a former original moori user for prob 12 years. Last year went to black. Soft kumui. I am 4 months on the ultra skin and wont ever go back. Awsome tip. Less miscues. No mushrooming. And the price. Sweet. Plus ur buying american and supporting one of pools good guys.

I went to the Ultra Skin medium coming from Kamui super soft black. The US medium is certainly much harder than the Kamui ss black. The US med really holds its shape better than any tip i've had before, that's for sure. I got some soft ones to try next. I'll stick with the ultras for a long time, that's for sure.

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I forgot to mention that I have a Tom Hay Ultraskin medium on another shaft. The jury is still out as to the comparison between the Ultraskin and the Moori; both are mediums.