Illegal ivory bust

Xnotedgeanymore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
more great journalisim, thanks again huffington post.

Gotta love the miniscule amount of actual facts regarding news in this several page story being inconsistent. Speaks volumes for the writers intent for the story...

in paragraph 2:
"forfeited a combined total of more than $2 million in ivory and paid a total of $55,000 to aid the Wildlife Conservation Society"

and in paragraph 11:
"he and the company surrendered about $2 million worth of ivory and paid $45,000 to the Wildlife Conservation Society"

...so how much was it anyway?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Wonder how much legal Ivory is in wear-houses all over the World that could be imported if the US Government did not require the importers to jump thru so many hoops.

risky biz

Banned
Gotta love the miniscule amount of actual facts regarding news in this several page story being inconsistent. Speaks volumes for the writers intent for the story...

in paragraph 2:
"forfeited a combined total of more than $2 million in ivory and paid a total of $55,000 to aid the Wildlife Conservation Society"

and in paragraph 11:
"he and the company surrendered about $2 million worth of ivory and paid $45,000 to the Wildlife Conservation Society"

...so how much was it anyway?

Well, para. 11 is correct if para. 2 is correct. Notice that para. 2 says, "paid a total of". So, the $45,000 in para.11, ipso facto, must be a subtotal.

So, you're questioning if para. 2 is correct?

Last edited:

risky biz

Banned
I hope that was bad humor, otherwise you don't know much about cuemaking and are just trying to be sensationalist.

I think human molars would make great tips on jump cues. But, obviously, there's no way a human being should be killed for that. Tranquilizer darts, maybe. To be humane.