Tate: A Big Thank You / Tiger X-Pro Shaft

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Hi there Tate,

i already sent you a personal message with my thx for sending me the *Proto-type* of the Tiger X-Pro shaft.

Now i was able to play with it a bit longer and further to really test it.
The shaft is a bit more than 1 inches longer than usual-the length i prefer. So i m very satisfied right from beginning. As a tip a Tiger Onyx was installed. If i understood Tate correctly, the *new* X-Pro has a solid maple core. (perhaps Tate will post here the precise construction again).
I played now (with perhaps 1-2 exceptions) with almost each LD shaft/laminated shaft in the past (next to many *normal* shafts).

This shaft is really great- it very stiff, what i personally prefer and like. It s just doing working perfectly-and gives repeatable results (very special point in my opinion, if i compare it with some other laminated shafts). The hit is very nice- the hit is nearly like a non-laminated shaft. Together with the Tiger Onyx it s a very well product.
For people who re prefering a stiff LD shaft, but don t want to miss a *nice* hit i can highly recommend this shaft. Tiger are jumping in the market to compare with the z² (11.75 mm) - the z²may have a bit less deflection- but for me the Tiger X-Pro plays and feels much better. Sure it s just a subjective feeling- but i allow myself this resumee after playing with about 8 different LD shafts over a longer time.

Tate: thx again for sending it to me as a gift- it meant a lot to me.
And again: it would be great if you would post the exactly contruction of this great shaft again in this thread here. I don t wanted to post perhaps something wrong :)

lg from overseas and keep shooting my friend,

if someone perhaps wants some more detailed infos-or just have a question, dont hesitate to send me a pm,

Ingo

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Hi there Tate,

i already sent you a personal message with my thx for sending me the *Proto-type* of the Tiger X-Pro shaft.

Now i was able to play with it a bit longer and further to really test it.
The shaft is a bit more than 1 inches longer than usual-the length i prefer. So i m very satisfied right from beginning. As a tip a Tiger Onyx was installed. If i understood Tate correctly, the *new* X-Pro has a solid maple core. (perhaps Tate will post here the precise construction again).
I played now (with perhaps 1-2 exceptions) with almost each LD shaft/laminated shaft in the past (next to many *normal* shafts).

This shaft is really great- it very stiff, what i personally prefer and like. It s just doing working perfectly-and gives repeatable results (very special point in my opinion, if i compare it with some other laminated shafts). The hit is very nice- the hit is nearly like a non-laminated shaft. Together with the Tiger Onyx it s a very well product.
For people who re prefering a stiff LD shaft, but don t want to miss a *nice* hit i can highly recommend this shaft. Tiger are jumping in the market to compare with the z² (11.75 mm) - the z²may have a bit less deflection- but for me the Tiger X-Pro plays and feels much better. Sure it s just a subjective feeling- but i allow myself this resumee after playing with about 8 different LD shafts over a longer time.

Tate: thx again for sending it to me as a gift- it meant a lot to me.
And again: it would be great if you would post the exactly contruction of this great shaft again in this thread here. I don t wanted to post perhaps something wrong :)

lg from overseas and keep shooting my friend,

if someone perhaps wants some more detailed infos-or just have a question, dont hesitate to send me a pm,

Ingo

Ingo,

Thanks for your patience. I wanted to send you a "demo tester" but the shipping to Germany is very expensive, and with customs and duties - it didn't make sense to be mailing it back and forth.

I sent you a gift shaft for you too keep and if you want, let other players from Germany try it.

The Tiger Pro X is a very solid shaft. It's made with a lamination of 4 pieces of wood around a 5th center core piece. This allows the center to be made with a lighter wood. The taper is very much to my liking. it's a modified pro taper, gradually tapering to the 11.75 mm tip. The feel of the shaft is very cliose to a conventional shaft, but it is very low squirt at the same time.

Now that my testing program has ended - I can't even locate the last few remaining shafts - it was my pleasure to send one to you in Germany, in time for your return to pool after your illness.

I hope to meet you one day too if our travels cross paths.

Chris

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never tried the Tiger LD shafts, but I have an Onyx tip on my 314-2 and love it. I never thought I would replace my Kamui Black tip but decided to try the Onyx ... never turned back, I love it. One day I'll get a Tiger shaft to try out, but for now I'm happy with my 314-2/onyx tip combo.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I have never tried the Tiger LD shafts, but I have an Onyx tip on my 314-2 and love it. I never thought I would replace my Kamui Black tip but decided to try the Onyx ... never turned back, I love it. One day I'll get a Tiger shaft to try out, but for now I'm happy with my 314-2/onyx tip combo.

Paulie,

I had the Onyx on my shafts for about 4 months now. What I like is they don't seem to harden up. Mine have stayed the same since day 1.

Chris

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
I also love my new X-Pro...but I already said that in a previous post :D

But...it's worth mentioning again if it will get people to test it out when they have a chance!

Melissa

Muziq

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Onyx Tip?

I also love my new X-Pro...but I already said that in a previous post :D

But...it's worth mentioning again if it will get people to test it out when they have a chance!

Melissa

Melissa,

What did you think of the Onyx tip? Did you keep it on your Tiger X-Pro, or did you change it to something else? If you changed it, what was your choice?

I tried it on the shaft during Tate's demo program. I loved the shaft but thought the tip was too hard for me because I like a softer layered tip. I'm looking forward to getting a Tiger X-Pro shaft soon.

Muziq