Castle Billiards vs Sandcastle Billiards

cuesterpat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to take my almost 18 y/o nephew to either Castle Billiard Lounge or Sandcastle Billiards in North Jersey this Friday. I have been to Sandcastle but never to Castle. Any Pros or cons for either or recommendations? Thanks

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to take my almost 18 y/o nephew to either Castle Billiard Lounge or Sandcastle Billiards in North Jersey this Friday. I have been to Sandcastle but never to Castle. Any Pros or cons for either or recommendations? Thanks

This is somewhat of a vague answer so sorry about that, but from folks I've talked to the consensus seems to be basically Sandcastle gives Castle the 7. I've been to Sandcastle and it was nice, never been to Castle. I'm assuming your question is not geared toward action correct?

cuesterpat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Castle vs Sandcastle

Sorry I was not more clear on what I am looking for. I am not looking for action as he is still learning the game. I am concerned with the quality of maintenance of the tables and the atmosphere of the room, Food and drink is not required, but we will not argue if it is offered. I know Castle Billiards has food and a bar and the Sandcastle has vending machines and sometimes a kitchen that is open.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
This is somewhat of a vague answer so sorry about that, but from folks I've talked to the consensus seems to be basically Sandcastle gives Castle the 7. I've been to Sandcastle and it was nice, never been to Castle. I'm assuming your question is not geared toward action correct?

Absolutely not. I've been to both places many times and enjoy both room and like both owners but if I had to choose one it would be Castle Billiards. Both good rooms to play in, both have action and good players. I would choose castle because they have a full kitchen and bar and a bit better atmosphere. Just my opinion.

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently went to castle for the first time for the 9 ball tournament they hold I believe every other Saturday and let me tell u that is possibly the best tournament all around for amatuers bar none(no pros allowed) I'm pretty sure basically 0$ were taken out and they split the tournament into two brackets A+to B n C+ to D until the final 2 from each bracket but in a field of 77 first was I believe 1400$ with 600 in the side. N the entry was maybe 50$ give or take. I play in the mezz tour quite frequently and understand tour directors put in work and therefore should make some money but the entry for the mezz is 60$ n the prize money is basically half what the castle prize money is so yea not to talk down on the mezz because it's on par with the rest of the tours but the castle tournament gets more players n has better prize money.

As far as sandcastle it's a great room I've been there a few times and the owner is just an awesome person he treats customers like kings and it's a big open room and also some pretty legit tournaments.

I'd say from experience that equipment is similar so besides castle having a bar n a decent menu they're both equally good rooms and either way u will have a positive experience.

P.S. This Saturday castle starts they're tournament and it's a two day event but no doubt the room will be packed and booming Saturday. Also the mezz tour has an event at sandcastle on Sunday so it should be a good weekend to visit either room. Just my opinion on this and no offense intended towards anyone. Have fun

bpp&d

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's really a toss-up between the two. They're both nice rooms. The plus to Castle is the kitchen and bar. If you're traveling from PA, Sandcastle is probably a shorter drive.
You can't go wrong with either one.

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both good rooms but hands down I'd pick castle. Better ball sets and has food. Just don't plan on going Saturday before 9 p.m. unless you're going there to play in the best tournament in the country.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've been to both many times. If action is your primary goal then I agree, otherwise Castle can give Sandcastle the 7.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been to both many times. If action is your primary goal then I agree, otherwise Castle can give Sandcastle the 7.

Yeah maybe my answer could have been clearer. Action is what I was speaking of, do people actually go to a pool room for other reasons?

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:sorry:

I was at SandCastle once and when I first walked in...the place smelled like mold. Didn't smell good and I wasn't impressed.

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah maybe my answer could have been clearer. Action is what I was speaking of, do people actually go to a pool room for other reasons?

There's plenty of action at both locations. I heard there was no action in the Philippines from my mailman who delivered mail to a guy who's sister went there.

Last edited:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

Action everyday at Castle Billiards as well.

Last edited: