Do you have any pet peeves about a Pool Cue's appearance?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK blue chalk on the ferrule.

Now I brush my chalk on yet over weeks and weeks of play my ferrule gets a blue tinge.

I thought this was from rubbing the cloth one some strokes (draw style player and pendulum stroke).

Or am I doing my chalking wrong with my brushing or is it that I don't clean my shaft and ferrule often???

This is not the blue we are talking about.

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rounded points, or even inlaid points that are rounded, or dotted. I think butterfly splices are lame, too.

It took me a long time to come around to the colored laminates on points, but the history of the titlist has me liking understated versions.

Non-natural materials for the grip (although my first cue had that).

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dislikes - Rounded points, floating points and any materials which are endangered, protected or extinct (including unsustainable Rainforest wood).

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rounded points, or even inlaid points that are rounded, or dotted. I think butterfly splices are lame, too.

It took me a long time to come around to the colored laminates on points, but the history of the titlist has me liking understated versions.

Non-natural materials for the grip (although my first cue had that).

Dislikes - Rounded points, floating points and any materials which are endangered, protected or extinct (including unsustainable Rainforest wood).

I agree with the rounded points.

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me? OH YEAH! I sure do!
No dice, no playing card motifs no scrimshaw-like stuff, no animal pictures and on and on.
I ONLY like more traditional styled cues that are not too heavy with inlays or overly ornate "stuff".
I have an Rich Chudy Traditional that was love at first sight.
I like most Hoppe styled cues and absolutely love Hoppe Titlist conversions and prefer they retain the original signature and weight marking even if it is no longer correct.
I also really like well made Sneaky Pete cues as long as they are still very sneaky looking!
If there is a wrap, it must be Irish linen.

I could go on but...I won't.:thumbup:

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hurricane reminded me of my biggest peeve. I do like dice on cues but any real dice player hates sevens. Why are they always showing 7?

If I were to have a cue made with dice, they would either be the hardways (3-3, 4-4, 2-2 and 5-5) or they would all equal 8s (5-3, 6-2).

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not a fan of segmented handles, big signature by cuemaker between the points, floating points, copper rings, and spear points.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As promised1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190610-201558.jpg
    Screenshot_20190610-201558.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 274

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don’t like floating points or spearheads on the end of the point, or router points, or big oval inlays, and wooden joint collars. And yet my main shooting cue for years is the Schuler SC 250 with all of those things, and it is my go to cue when I’m not using my Tascarella.

Freddie <~~~ no malachite, though

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I hate to see a blue chalk ring around the ferrule. It tells me the owner is a Borer. It doesn't bother me much on house cues, but in case I get a house cue alone, out comes the #600 and off comes the ring. No excuse on a store-bought cue.

Tap tap tap.