View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-17-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Shot down by an NPR lurker. LOL.
What exactly was "shot down," Sev?

The fact that Trump has flirted with running for President since 1999 doesn't shoot down anything about 'The Simpsons' writer's use in 2000 of his actually running for (and winning) the presidency sometime in the future to illustrate the insanity to which we were headed -- the insanity we are actually in today.

Plus, their timing would seem to be about perfect. I don't know what Lisa Simpson age was supposed to be in 2000 (does it ever change, anyway?), but I'd guess around middle school, which would put her somewhere in the range of 11-14, maybe? For the sake of argument, let's say 11. So she would be eligible to run for president in 2024, when she'd be 35. And if she was taking over for Trump after Trump having served two terms (which of course he would, because he'd certainly be the most terrific president ever), then that would mean he'd have been originally elected in 2016.

Coincidence? I think not.