Any Good Books Coming Out?

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
It amazing that with being able to describe how to use CTE, that a drawing can not be produced on what is being described.

Could it be because a sphere doesn’t have a edge?

Does a ball resting on the table having an edge or is it just floating there??? Cheese an rice give it a break. You do realize your on a billiard forum dont you??

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Classifying Solid Figures

Solid figures are three-dimensional objects, meaning they have length, width, and height. Because they have three dimensions, they have depth and take up space in our universe. Solid figures are identified according to the features that are unique to each type of solid. Specifically, you can observe the numbers of faces, edges, and vertices, as well as the shape of the base.

The flat surfaces of a solid figure are its faces, or sides as they are commonly called. The base is the face on which the figure rests. The edge of a solid figure is the line segment where two faces meet. A vertex (plural: vertices) is the corner that is formed where the ends of the line segments of two or more faces meet.

A sphere is a solid figure that has no faces, edges, or vertices. This is because it is completely round; it has no flat sides or corners.

[Please pay particular attention to the last paragraph]

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
However before we get into where to aim that edge to A-B-C, as many have said on here, you must have a straight consistent stroke.

Nothing is 'magic' when there is a shoddy stroke.

I thought you were going to leave the instruction to Stan. You can search AZ and find a number of places where Stan and/or his supporters say that CTE will straighten out your stroke... or has that changed?

Maybe by the time the book comes out CTE will have morphed into HAMB.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

Solid figures are three-dimensional objects, meaning they have length, width, and height. Because they have three dimensions, they have depth and take up space in our universe. Solid figures are identified according to the features that are unique to each type of solid. Specifically, you can observe the numbers of faces, edges, and vertices, as well as the shape of the base.

The flat surfaces of a solid figure are its faces, or sides as they are commonly called. The base is the face on which the figure rests. The edge of a solid figure is the line segment where two faces meet. A vertex (plural: vertices) is the corner that is formed where the ends of the line segments of two or more faces meet.

A sphere is a solid figure that has no faces, edges, or vertices. This is because it is completely round; it has no flat sides or corners.

Duckie?

Lol

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The far side of the Moon is the hemisphere of the Moon that always faces away from Earth. The far side's terrain is rugged with a multitude of impact craters and relatively few flat lunar maria compared to the near side. It has one of the largest craters in the Solar System, the South Pole–Aitken basin.

Maybe they should call it the Far Edge of The Moon.

There seems to be growing evidence that round objects don't have edges. It might logically follow that there is no such thing as CTE.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There seems to be growing evidence that round objects don't have edges. It might logically follow that there is no such thing as CTE.

While we're on the subject, how exactly do you see the "center" of the ball? The center is a point 1.125 inches beneath the surface. I don't have x-ray vision, do you?

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

What a load of crap....does a sphere have a bottom and a top????

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a point well made. In actuality, the place where the tip strikes the ball would most accurately be called "the nearest point on the near side," not the center. This is becoming rather depressing. I am getting images of rabid idiots arguing for the last 25 years about a non-existent topic. Say, how do you write a book about a non-existent topic?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol

Let's see some examples of your posts that are "good enough".

pj
chgo

Yea i don't have any original material either,lol. Just like the other regulars on here, just keep posting the same old shit that we've posted 500 times. It's why I've pretty much stopped posting. You, me, Johnny and whoever aren't changing anyone's minds,lol.
Although that was a good diagram you posted on fractional aim lines the other day. Very well done. Just a shame the very first response to it had to mention CTE, and it was from a guy who actually wrote a book on fractional aiming. You'd think he could have just posted about fractional aiming without bringing up CTE. But then again, that's not the aiming forum way of doing things.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or pay for a lesson from a certified Pro1 instructor. Or pay $75 or more for the book whenever it becomes available, and hope it's not just a recap of everything you've already seen, heard, and tried. After these options, if you still find yourself struggling with it, move on. Or keep working at it. That's the beauty of life -- your life if yours, nobody else's. So do whatever you want. When it comes to pocketing pool balls, you can stick with almost any method and eventually get it working consistently. It could take weeks, months, or sometimes years, but with enough practice you'll eventually get it working.

Or watch the Truth Series on youtube that will be released at around the same time as the book. Guess what that will cost you? Here's a hint, it will be less then a 10 dollar book on amazon.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a point well made. In actuality, the place where the tip strikes the ball would most accurately be called "the nearest point on the near side," not the center. This is becoming rather depressing. I am getting images of rabid idiots arguing for the last 25 years about a non-existent topic. Say, how do you write a book about a non-existent topic?

Dan i think you have competition for your "book obsession syndrome" problem.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Excellent "point".

Consider this.....

If I draw a circle on piece of paper, how difficult is it to point to the middle of the circle, or point to the left or right outermost left or right visible point on its circumference? Not difficult at all, at least not with the farthest left or right surface points that people in the pool world have been calling "edges" for a very long time now, regardless of how geometrically inaccurate that term is.

A 2D circle on a piece of paper is exactly how the brain views a solid 3D sphere. Regardless of perspective, when you look at a solid sphere you are only seeing 2 dimensions, width and height. For a circle of course these are equal and called the diameter. And this diameter can be seen vertically or horizontally or at any angle within the 360° circle.

Since you can only see a portion of a sphere, the circlular portion based on your line of vision/perspective, there is no depth, no front or back, to see. You only see the straight on view, a 2 dimensional circle, which is how we can easily determine a middle point and a far left or right point of the circle.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Or watch the Truth Series on youtube that will be released at around the same time as the book. Guess what that will cost you? Here's a hint, it will be less then a 10 dollar book on amazon.

Why in the world would Stan spend $40,000 to publish and print a couple thousand books, then undermine potential sales by teaching the system for FREE in his "truth" series? I believe the truth series will be sales pitches, talking points, hype about 2 by 1 surfaces and how 15, 30, and 45 add up to 90, therefore they always connect to the pockets, etc....

If the truth series will provide a complete lesson on CTE, then Stan will not sell many books. Most people won't pay $75 for something they can get for free, unless the free stuff doesn't help them all that much.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why in the world would Stan spend $40,000 to publish and print a couple thousand books, then undermine potential sales by teaching the system for FREE in his "truth" series? I believe the truth series will be sales pitches, talking points, hype about 2 by 1 surfaces and how 15, 30, and 45 add up to 90, therefore they always connect to the pockets, etc....

If the truth series will provide a complete lesson on CTE, then Stan will not sell many books. Most people won't pay $75 for something they can get for free, unless the free stuff doesn't help them all that much.

And your beliefs would be wrong. This project is not about making money, It's about getting the Truth out about CTE aiming.