I liked wrapless but hated sticky clamy that goes with them
therefore I used a tongue oil wrap that allowed the smooth slick feel and yet
did not get sticky in humid situations

I had sanded off the finish on sbeaky petes for my personal use in the past

Irish linen is my next choice

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oil rubbed is my favorite too, but current lacquers are nice, given their refinement over the years. Thin, light and really pop the color changes under them
The perfect solution was the one I used when I made the Deanp cues

I liked wrapless but hated sticky clamy that goes with them
therefore I used a tongue oil wrap that allowed the smooth slick feel and yet
did not get sticky in humid situations

I had sanded off the finish on sbeaky petes for my personal use in the past

Irish linen is my next choice

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oil rubbed is my favorite too, but current lacquers are nice, given their refinement over the years. Thin, light and really pop the color changes under them

Thanks for the suggestions, I ordered an uncoated Meucci with Irish linen

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sidebar: why would Meucci coat their wrap? Why bother wrapping?

I think for the looks, but it also feels good, some people like the look of linen but the feel of wrapless, cause if coat it, it feels as if you are holding a wrapless cue

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Change the wrap afterward and as mentioned, go with Cork.
Cork will resolve most of the issues and it has a unique feel too.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine is CORK, by Guido Orlandi... It is marvelous.

I have a cork hoppe and it has always struck me as odd that you don't see more of them.

It really is a great feel and unlike other non linen or leather wraps, doesnt look like something from the thrift shop

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No wrap -- oil finish.

I have a travel cue like this and have played with it in Mexico, with high humidity and the doors of the pool room wide open, and it was like glass in my hands.

Lou Figueroa

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I dont know what brand name was re-bottled, but years back there was an 'invisible glove' lotion marketed to pool players.

It was an antiperspirant.

Give it a try, might solve your problem without any fuss.

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know what brand name was re-bottled, but years back there was an 'invisible glove' lotion marketed to pool players.

It was an antiperspirant.

Give it a try, might solve your problem without any fuss.

For some reason, I keep reading "antidepressant" were you wrote antiperspirant...maybe an antidepressant will work too.

But thanks for the info.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i've tried antiperspirant on bridge hand before i used a glove. the problem is that when you block one outlet for the sweat with aluminium chloride or whatever it is, it comes out in puddles in other outlets

i would choose linen wrap

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://www.ebay.com/i/323790237191...MIkYCbipah5gIVFrbICh3EOQQnEAQYAyABEgLX5fD_BwE

I will actually confess to having used this product during my match in NJ with JB.

It worked as advertised.

Lou Figueroa

If you get into any more high stakes games, where the pressure is really making you sweat, I recommend this product. Its great for tense situations.

Fresh-Balls.jpg

https://freshballs.com/fresh-balls/

PS, their taint cream is stupendous. :thumbup:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you get into any more high stakes games, where the pressure is really making you sweat, I recommend this product. Its great for tense situations.

Fresh-Balls.jpg

https://freshballs.com/fresh-balls/

PS, their taint cream is stupendous. :thumbup:

I have no idea why you'd need that.

Maybe when you play you find a product like that useful but when I play that part of my anatomy is not involved.

Lou Figueroa

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i've tried antiperspirant on bridge hand before i used a glove. the problem is that when you block one outlet for the sweat with aluminium chloride or whatever it is, it comes out in puddles in other outlets

i would choose linen wrap

Reading this, it sounds like you might need the Fresh Balls product if using a hand antiperspirant before shooting :thumbup:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Wet your palms with rubbing alcohol and let it air dry on your hands. You can carry a small bottle with you in your case.