Club Membership

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
i think it just shows the natural resolution of the picture, up to a limit of course. so that's why not everybody's big avatar is huge cus it's just a smaller picture.

i'll be honest from a selfish point of view i really like the big avatars because I have a 22" monitor running at 1680x1050. looks really great and emphasises all the different characters and people we have here. but i can see how they would eat up the whole screen if you are using a 17inch monitor at 1024x768.

here's how it looks on a big screen and high res.
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3889/screenshotmh1.jpg

and i agree with Peer though about the club member banner. 'butt ugly' is indeed a good description. looks a bit naff.

BPG24

Banned
worriedbeef said:
i think it just shows the natural resolution of the picture, up to a limit of course. so that's why not everybody's big avatar is huge cus it's just a smaller picture.

i'll be honest from a selfish point of view i really like the big avatars because I have a 22" monitor running at 1680x1050. looks really great and emphasises all the different characters and people we have here. but i can see how they would eat up the whole screen if you are using a 17inch monitor at 1024x768.

here's how it looks on a big screen and high res.
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3889/screenshotmh1.jpg

and i agree with Peer though about the club member banner. 'butt ugly' is indeed a good description. looks a bit naff.

I am running 1200x800 approximately . The Avatar isn't much bigger than yours. It isn't anywhere close to causing problems.

I switched it all the way down to 800x600 and that's where it gets too big

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I can choose the picture any size I want it,
I used a 280x280 avatar on the first try, I'll change it to 250x250 now.

gr. Dave

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Yes, that is exactly what it is.

Mike

Vahmurka said:
Willibetmore expressed most of my worries already. Big avatars are nice when they don't stick out. Less posts per page is also a price to be paid for it, and probably not really worth.

I would like to help supporting AZ though, and I have a question, what is regular drawings? (since I don't need any of benefits offered) Is that picking somebody to receive goodies in a sort of lottery?

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Oops, looks like I set the size of that avatars way too large for members. I toned it back down to 200 high by 200 wide.

Although that was a very nice avatar, I do have to agree that it is a little big even on my screen.

Mike

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Can you resize that to 200 wide and repost?

Mike

BPG24 said:
I am running 1200x800 approximately . The Avatar isn't much bigger than yours. It isn't anywhere close to causing problems.

I switched it all the way down to 800x600 and that's where it gets too big

smokeandapancak

what?
Silver Member
resize it via any pphotosoftware...HP...sony... yadda yadda....
I am most positive that you have at least one basic editing software on your cpu.

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
Peer said:
I can't believe how butt ugly that club member banner is -- a yellow banner next to a nine ball with a different yellow color, sprinkled with some unrelated fonts... all jammed up next to the green rep-points!

Yehoo -- the perfect example of aesthetics from hell. Now, excuse me while I go'n barf.

-- peer

I knew there was something about it I didn't like, but I couldn't pinpoint it. I think you hit the nail on the head. AZPro needs a graphic artist.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Mr. Wilson said:
Is the aviatar jumbo by default? or a matter of preferance. ie, can they chose not to have a huge av?

That's a good question because I'm going to want the standard size on mine if possible.

Mike,
Is Dave going to get a pay raise now?:D Before you answer, just think and answer in your head...would you rather have to deal with all those who were banned, are on their way to being banned or should be heavily medicated, and deal with them all on a daily basis OR would you rather just keep trying to prevent to server from crashing?:) You get to do business with Microsoft and General Electric. Dave, err, um, Mr Wilson has to deal with the likes of Walt Frazier, Fast Larry, etc and a few dozen similar type replicas that are sprouting as we speak in your very fertile AZB landscape!

I would say that for all the help he does, he should be "comped" and given the free upgrade. But, this is really none of my business.:)

(quietly steps out of this thread for now knowing that once someone hears something, they can't "un-think" it. The seeds are now planted;) )

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
smokeandapancak said:
and there might be the first issue with this whole setup ....
BP..folks are gonna moan about you avatar...it is a given... now you are gonna have to change it or they will have to turn off their avatars....leaving one of you out $35.... b/c when you get down to it , the only thing you really get with that payment is a bigger pic..................:confused:

Not just a bigger picture in the avatar but now can hold up to 150 pms and your name is in the drawing for a monthly prize from AZB Club Members . Alot of extra VCash and you are helping to support a site that has been very good to many of us.

Larry

socks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think the club membership thing is a good idea and a great way for the members to support the site, although i have to say i do not liek the larger avatar space. as many many users use some avatar pictures that are quationable appropriate for work environments, the smaller ones didn't draw as much attention, but now with these large avatars, not only does it dcrease the screen space for posts, it draws considerable more attention to those questionable avatars. (not that i'm complaining, i like a shot of a nice round ass or rack as much as the next guy, i just don't like being fired..) maybe instead of larger avatars, more space for attachments or larger attachments be made avaiable.....

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Mike,
Could members have a larger character limit on PM's????? Even a 2,000 or 2,500 character limit would be great.

If yes, then I'm in (damn character limits....I'm too verbose to stay within them).

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
It looks like Club Memberships are going great...as they should. How many signed up in the first 24 hours? For anyone that is serious about billiard sports AZ is a must IMO. Where else can you go and get the info you want/need at a click of a mouse and from some of the bigest names in the sport. Pro's, (both men and women) for sale, historians, table maint, cue repair and customs and on and on and on. Johnnyt

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
P.O. Box Or sumpin ?

ribdoner said:
Not all of us have paypal, etc.

Can we pay by mail?

Assuming we can, plse provide "info"

THANKS

Did you ever get an answer to the "pay by mail" question ?
I sent Mike H. a PM this morning asking the same thing, but I didn't receive a reply (yet).
Doug