what is Shanes aiming system called?

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a video with Shane saying he uses the tip of his cue to aim. I also have been using the tip of the cue to aim for a while now, and im having good luck with this system. is there a name for it?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Don't bother.
He claims he uses different side parts of the shaft for different shots .

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I saw a video with Shane saying he uses the tip of his cue to aim. I also have been using the tip of the cue to aim for a while now, and im having good luck with this system. is there a name for it?
I do a version of that, but I don’t think of it as a system - I just aim my cue the right distance from the OB contact point for the shot (experience-based estimation). For me, knowing precisely where the stick is aiming on or near the OB is the most visible, precise way to align.

pj
chgo

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a video. Jen Baretta talks to him. She asks him to explain what he is doing for different shots.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

mjdoutdoors

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a powerful way of aiming. I use the inside of my tip/shaft and point it at the contact point. You can really fine tune to hit parts of the pocket with this. Very accurate. I used to be an ghost ball aimer but this is so much more accurate. I just wish I learned this a long time ago. Just connect the dots and "bam" to the back of the pocket!