The Glove - greatest invention since chalk!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I have always hated gloves. Very rarely wore them. Over here in China it's ridiculously hot and humid where I live and central air is rare.

So I have have been wearing a glove most of the time and I realized they are perfect. No matter what I feel like, how wet the cue is, if I just took a drink, whatever the cue slides perfectly through the glove.

I think Sir Joesph was the first ones and that brand has been shamelessly copied. Over here they provide gloves like chalk. Still I want to to register my new love affair with gloves! They slide and make great fashion accessories. :)

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. It provides a consistent feel. It bothers me now to take a stroke without a glove.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played my match last night with one. It's only the second time in 7 years that I have worn one. It was humid as hell. It worked, but I can't see myself wearing one frequently.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stopped using a glove because of all the Michael Jackson jokes and because I couldn't grip the cloth/Simonis.

Can someone provide a link where I can get a "glove" that lends itself to a smooth glide with the cue with as little "glove" as possible?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I stopped using a glove because of all the Michael Jackson jokes and because I couldn't grip the cloth/Simonis.

Can someone provide a link where I can get a "glove" that lends itself to a smooth glide with the cue with as little "glove" as possible?

I cut the fingers out of mine and also cut the open part so that there is less fabric covering my hands. But I am always losing the modified ones so finally I stopped and just use them like they come out of the package.

Last night I was given two of them, one which already was without fingertips and the other one was normal. I used the normal one.

Tommy Joe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always hated gloves. Very rarely wore them. Over here in China it's ridiculously hot and humid where I live and central air is rare.

So I have have been wearing a glove most of the time and I realized they are perfect. No matter what I feel like, how wet the cue is, if I just took a drink, whatever the cue slides perfectly through the glove.

I think Sir Joesph was the first ones and that brand has been shamelessly copied. Over here they provide gloves like chalk. Still I want to to register my new love affair with gloves! They slide and make great fashion accessories. :)

I've never tried a glove for pool, have no idea what it's like. But I would imagine it might be good for someone with skinny fingers who likes a skinny shaft. Problem is, sometimes the fingers are too skinny for the stick.. Sometimes the cue gets a little shaky in those artistic fingers. Perhaps the glove would provide padding for one's fingers without costly procedures to widen them surgically.

I'd rather go with the glove than go under the knife,

TJ

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I like the predator gloves. The fit well and have a little grip on the finger tips so that your hand won't slide when making a bridge

I gave up on sir Joseph. For almost 20 years it's all I used but there quality went to crap. Hell the threads were already coming out of the glove when you took them out of the bag. They just don't last long.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
I agree with you, John, I have a variety of gloves :D. But I am always looking for a super thin glove, which is not produced yet lol.

Imo they also keep the table and the cue cleaner.

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
I like the predator gloves. They fit well and have a little grip on the finger tips so that your hand won't slide when making a bridge.

^^

This. I love the Predator gloves, even though I rarely use them.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So as much as I like the Predator Gloves having two fingers that are not covered with the glove, Why wouldn't the other two fingers have less fingertip cloth so as not make a player struggle gripping the cloth.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I'm nervous about Googling "Predator Gloves" but after weighing out the "risk vs reward" I'm on it.

Predator gloves have 37% less friction leading to 54% more power with 26% less effort. The SureGrip UltraRubber fingertips are electrostatically calibrated to the wool content of the cloth enabling you to have the Buddy Hall bear paw bridge stability.

If used with a predator cue and the soon to be released predator glasses you accuracy will improve by 443% meaning you will need to spot the world.

thelmstetter

Tomcat
Silver Member
I have played with a number of different gloves and always seem to go back to sir joseph. They are smoother and thinner. They tend to wear out faster so I just keep a couple in the bag. I like using the flesh color ones... They look a little less noticeable.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gloves make for consistency. Sir Joseph is the best, the predator glove is too thick.
The downside is that you attract more attention too yourself.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I agree with you, John, I have a variety of gloves :D. But I am always looking for a super thin glove, which is not produced yet lol.

Gloves make for consistency. Sir Joseph is the best, the predator glove is too thick.

Here's what I did years ago when my overly-sweaty hands became a problem and I resorted to using a glove: I went from using a 13mm diameter tip to a 12.75 diameter tip (my first was a Predator 314). The thickness of my favorite brand of glove (the PoolDawg glove) coupled with the thinner shaft (and pro taper) struck a good balance of what I was used to.

Maniac

Eagleshot

Mark Nanashee
Silver Member
only one man named the GLOVE and that's Mark Nanashee don't f with the boy!!!!

I started wearing one after I saw Little Jon in action. Figured if he could wear one.......

Been years since I heard that nickname.

Now that I'm in Philadelphia they just call me easy action.

*** I now prefer and play with the fingerless gloves. I changed my closed bridge and my index finger slips off my middle finger if using my old go to - Sir Joseph

Last edited: