Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,036
Last edited:

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just finished watching it. I will say that Joey A got some pretty good screen time. Its' a bit of a stretch for a story line but it did have some named actors in it. The pool scenes had its moments then it would go to the standard unrealistic bank shots for drama effect as with most pool scenes.

I always like to check who the technical advisors are for pool scenes. Joey A and a gentleman named Mark Yamamoto were the pocket billiard consultants in the credits. I think it's worth a watch but it won't win any academy awards.

Just finished watching it. I will say that Joey A got some pretty good screen time. Its' a bit of a stretch for a story line but it did have some named actors in it. The pool scenes had its moments then it would go to the standard unrealistic bank shots for drama effect as with most pool scenes.

I always like to check who the technical advisors are for pool scenes. Joey A and a gentleman named Mark Yamamoto were the pocket billiard consultants in the credits. I think it's worth a watch but it won't win any academy awards.

I wonder how JoeyA was able to get the attention of hollywood(?) producers, to make a pool movie.

Pretty cool that an AZB forum member consulted on a recent pool movie.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I wonder how JoeyA was able to get the attention of hollywood(?) producers, to make a pool movie.

IMHO I believe “pretty cool” and Joey A should be used in the same sentence often.
I have had the pleasure of hanging out with Joey a few times and he is one of the good guys.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff Morgan , Negan from the Walking Dead tv series, He is the only one I recognize .

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Lee Marvin was a Marine.....so was Joey Aguzin...
...they make things happen

IMHO I believe “pretty cool” and Joey A should be used in the same sentence often.
I have had the pleasure of hanging out with Joey a few times and he is one of the good guys.

Would be cool to meet him. He was nice enough to reply to me, to give me a lot of info about the New Orleans pool scene, before I moved here.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Agree with the above; it's a decent movie. Watched it last night. The kid is a terrible actor.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I actually enjoyed the movie even though it was mediocre to say the least.
Very surprising that there were some recognizable actors and how bad that kid was at acting.
How do movies like this even get funded???!!!

TFT

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I saw it last night. I was not impressed. The acting was bad, especially that unknown kid. His uncle had to have some major part in the production. It's really not a pool movie in the vein of the Hustler and COM. Pool is more in the background of this story. It looks like somebody's first attempt at making a movie intended upon being released to theaters. The only thing I personally liked about the movie is that it was filmed in south Louisiana and I recognized about 50% of the scenery and locations. Oh, and the accents were way off. Typical for Hollywood.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

If memory serves, I believe it was filmed in JoeyA's home area and pool room(s), so he was a known entity there.