Update on the Des Moines pool scene

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Is this still the longest thread? It would be into the thousand page range if I didn't leave....this is epic. I read it sometimes just to remember hahaha...there's some good stuff in here.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
BUMP

With the current interest in the new TRU TV show, The Hustlers, I thought I'd BUMP this thread so folks here can either get to know or get to review how "Frosty" rolls.

Mike really helped put a spark into our local pool scene and this very popular thread shows the power of his style.

So, if you want to know more about him, now that he's the true hustler in the show and not just a follower of the crowd, have a read.

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Whats things like at big dogs these days ? am working in Iowa and will be in DSM this weekend

I was in there 2 nights ago playing American Rotation league.

It's lovely. There is a new billiards table that I have yet to play on. They re-did many of the sitting tables and got some new Diamonds and rearranged the place a bit. Getting a beer hasn't changed in 20 years, but maybe someday it will become easy.:rolleyes:

Dog's is hoppin' ...Des Moines has a really good pool scene goin' on nowadays. Compared to 20 years ago, it's like night and day.

There's also The Rack on the westside of town. It, too, is hoppin'. On Friday they have a nice, free-entry 8 ball tourney where the bars adds like $200 if 32 play and usually they fill it.

Jeff Livingston