Scruggs 60 inch cue

sixten38

Registered
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
SOLD -Scruggs 8 point ebony and ivory cue 59 inch

Fancy Tim Scruggs 59 inch cue. I initially listed this as 60 inches, I have been informed that I did not measure correctly and that cue measurements should be joint to end of butt cap or ferrule so have adjusted since I originally posted measured overall length from end of tip to end of bumper.

All white with exception of butt cap is ivory, black is ebony with curly maple nose. Four high and four low points in the forearm, Eight ivory inlays in the ebony butt sleeve. Butt weighs 15 ounces and is 29.5 inches from ivory joint to butt cap, Scruggs shaft 1 weighs 4 ounces 12.25 mm tip diameter, 29.5 inches from joint to end of ivory ferrule, Scruggs shaft 2 weighs 4.25 ounces 12.5mm tip, 29.5 inches from joint to end of ivory ferrule, shaft 3 is a pre cat predator with matching ringwork and weighs 3.75 ounces 12.5 mm tip, 30 inches from joint to end of ferrule. Cue is straight together and apart, balance point is roughly 18 inches from butt end.

Asking $2450 for the cue with 3 shafts, if you do not want the Predator shaft deduct $125. Dave sixten38@aol.com

Last edited:

Shooter32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If I had the cash it would have been gone before that !! :) ... GLWS

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
There are a lot of us in CA that would have already bought this cue....but you know the reason why.

metalcobra23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 71.4%
5   2   0
I have an awesome Eddie Cohen cue that is in test hit condition I would trade. Pm me if your interested in talking

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums mobile app

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If you live within CA, you cannot buy or sell anything, let alone pool cues, containing any type or amount
of ivory as of July 1, 2016 .....there isn't any Diminimus under CA law.....nothing is allowed....AB-96.

CA cue-makers had to stop building cues with ivory or get busted....all cues had to ship before July 1st
or the cue could not be shipped since it was completing a sale, regardless of its original order date.

I've become an expert on Assembly Bill AB-96 and what the Fish & Wildlife Dept allows and doesn't allow.
I know how to legally circumvent but still comply with the law and it's a pain in the ass to .accomplish

Everything must happen outside of the state of California from start to finish, including placing any cue
order for a custom to be built, payment completion and assuming possession of the actual cue. The worst
part is CA cue-makers can't even build the cues any more as the sale of such cues violates AB-96.

Ergo, buying that cue, or any cue like that, requires that the seller and myself both be physically outside
of the geographical boundaries of California when the sale transaction occurs. The bill of sale would need to
reflect the seller's state of domicile, assuming that that state didn't have any ivory restrictions.

Example: Seller lives in Chicago, we'd meet in Las Vegas at a cue show, transact business, and part
respectively on our merry ways. I couldn't even prearrange any type of escrow while I was in California
as that would construed as an attempt to violate the law. If I wanted to arrange an escrow, I 'd need
to be outside CA when I made that arrangement.......the law is pretty strict with tough penalties.
The bottom-line is you just can't buy a cue listed on AZ, or anywhere else, while you are in California.

Matt B.

Last edited:

justinb386

Banned
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
If you live within CA, you cannot buy or sell anything, let alone pool cues, containing any type or amount
of ivory as of July 1, 2016 .....there isn't any Diminimus under CA law.....nothing is allowed....AB-96.

CA cue-makers had to stop building cues with ivory or get busted....all cues had to ship before July 1st
or the cue could not be shipped since it was completing a sale, regardless of its original order date.

I've become an expert on Assembly Bill AB-96 and what the Fish & Wildlife Dept allows and doesn't allow.
I know how to legally circumvent but still comply with the law and it's a pain in the ass to .accomplish

Everything must happen outside of the state of California from start to finish, including placing any cue
order for a custom to be built, payment completion and assuming possession of the actual cue. The worst
part is CA cue-makers can't even build the cues any more as the sale of such cues violates AB-96.

Ergo, buying that cue, or any cue like that, requires that the seller and myself both be physically outside
of the geographical boundaries of California when the sale transaction occurs. The bill of sale would need to
reflect the seller's state of domicile, assuming that that state didn't have any ivory restrictions.

Example: Seller lives in Chicago, we'd meet in Las Vegas at a cue show, transact business, and part
respectively on our merry ways. I couldn't even prearrange any type of escrow while I was in California
as that would construed as an attempt to violate the law. If I wanted to arrange an escrow, I 'd need
to be outside CA when I made that arrangement.......the law is pretty strict with tough penalties.
The bottom-line is you just can't buy a cue listed on AZ, or anywhere else, while you are in California.

Matt B.

Could you get an address out of state (someplace that you could drive to) from one of those mail box places (the shipping businesses that offer mail boxes, and will accept and hold any type of mail including USPS, UPS, FED EX, or from any other carrier), and have the cue mailed to that address, and then just pick up packages that might contain a cue with ivory in it at the out of state shipping / mail box center? Just curious.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
318   0   0
Could you get an address out of state (someplace that you could drive to) from one of those mail box places (the shipping businesses that offer mail boxes, and will accept and hold any type of mail including USPS, UPS, FED EX, or from any other carrier), and have the cue mailed to that address, and then just pick up packages that might contain a cue with ivory in it at the out of state shipping / mail box center? Just curious.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thread Hijack Alert:

maybe take your incessant curiosity about a cue and topic that doesn't match your never ending $200 budget away from a man's thread who is just trying to sell a beautiful TS cue.

Surely you can add another in your series of 'Just Curious' threads over on the main forum.

OP, GLWYS.

best,
brian kc

BigTony

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nick I do love it you need to work a deal with him and then we can make a deal on the Gold scruggs

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
Might keep it!

Beautiful thing here. For the Gold TS I can offer 2K and my No wrap Frey you like Mr T
I would do the Frey and a 1K for the 60 incher if you two want to work around that dance away!
Thanks for asking,
Nick :)