My home room saga

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This may help set the stage for the reveal in a day or two. The basement is not under the entire house but is about 2500 square feet. Not counting the storage areas, utility/workshop & stairwells I ended up finishing about 1800 square feet. Bedroom with legal egress windows at ground level, walk-in (walk through?) closet, bath w/shower, coat closet next to main stairs off the oversize hall (not sure what will go there...pinball maybe?) which leads to sliding walk-out door, media room, bar and small kitchen, and of course the billiard room.

Damn Sam, that's some plan! :thumbup2:
You really hit a Home Run here! If I ever make that cross country road trip I dream about I want to come visit you and play some pool there. I'll even pay the time! :smile:

Last edited:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great basement. How many poles were needed to support the house? Are they the small black dots on the drawing?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I may need a boarder to pay the bills, convenient parking is available at a modest rate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gorgeous room, I am jealous!!! Ever consider adopting a sibling for your son..................................dad??????? :lmao::lmao:

tusmadpark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both, the 0ld Brunswick sold before I moved, The Gold Crown III was a great deal but I didn't want to store it for a year, wasn't crazy about the look of it with what I wanted to do and was able to make a nice profit selling. I did stick with a Gold Crown but a different one I found 5 states away. You'll see.

Love the decals on your table! I have a GC2. As soon as the government shutdown is over and I get paid for working for free I am getting a set for my table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Great basement. How many poles were needed to support the house? Are they the small black dots on the drawing?
Yes, but was able to incorporate the pillars in the design to hide some them. They mimic some on the main level. One is inside the pillar on the left side of the back bar, one in the pillar one the same side of the opening to the theater area, two that flank the stairs and another within the bedroom wall.

Very, very nice! What kind of flooring did you use?
Tile in the bar/kitchen area, bathroom and the sliding door area (walkout). The rest, about 1100 square feet is engineered hardwood. Most people avoid wood in a basement but if it's dry and you use the right materials it's fine.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great pool room

Very very very worth it. Amazing!

I know what you mean about the train.
We had one similar, we could set it up
On special occasions. They way i
Remember, they are super heavy and
Strong and seemed would last hundreds
Of years easily. Like the original typewriters.

You sir are an inspiration.

Have a pool partner in detroit.
If i visit him this spring, we’re dropping by!

KenRobbins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tile in the bar/kitchen area, bathroom and the sliding door area (walkout). The rest, about 1100 square feet is engineered hardwood. Most people avoid wood in a basement but if it's dry and you use the right materials it's fine.

The flooring is very stunning along with everything else. Very nice job.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Here's the start of mine...

Literally just moved in.

Jaden

Attachments

• IMG_20190106_150257.jpg
    IMG_20190106_150257.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 655
Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Back at it since I'm stuck at home...finally tearing into the cigar lounge...err, I mean home office.
4fa4814fcf6fd0da6bc95bf1193eb621.jpg
acc24484fea70fa93ee1a0e6f9bfb600.jpg

Sent from the future.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Rough electrical and insulation on the outside wall pretty well done. Of course I pulled a permit..well drew one anyhow. Drywall starts tomorrow...I hate drywall.

02ccafadc18c4f6912f6a02b1e21e666.jpg
55bd17c011a2e1b2c9a81bb0d69c0fb2.jpg

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
OP,

What software did you use for the layout shown in post #55?

Thanks,

Keith
It's actually just Excel. Changed row and column heights and widths to get the cells more or less square, used scale of 3 cells/foot and then just shaded cells to draw walls (1 cell is a wall about 4" thick). Inserted shapes or more shading for furniture.

Sent from the future.

Attachments

• Capture 67.JPG
    Capture 67.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 339
  • Capture 55.jpg
    Capture 55.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Not too exciting I know but drywall hung and ready for mud...my least favorite task of all. The cubby is under the stairs from the garage and the perfect size for my mini fridge (2'w x 3'h) size humidor and the duct opening is the exhaust to outside.

The all important exhaust.
0f4a39ba3cbe28c657dac99675018569.jpg

Looking in from the hallway
1601d7f774ff78dbf3307cebd6c5405a.jpg
Humidor area
eda9aa50e9c16aeeb73bd7fed5ec5cb0.jpg

Looking out toward the entrance to bar/pool area

df281d79b4eabdb0b1bd4d2dc4fbe800.jpg

Last edited: