View Single Post
Old
  (#37)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-02-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oknazevad View Post
And I'm saying that conclusion ignores that development of games, pool or otherwise, invariably predate publication of rules. Rules aren't published for games no one is playing, they're published to write down that which already exists. The first publication isn't the creation of a game, it the codification. And, in the case of BBC Co, they undertook that codification so they could try to sell more specialized sets, completely glossing over that no such sets are actually needed to play the game. It's marketing, not invention.
People make up games for various reasons. Take 7-ball for example. I think BBCCo was just trying to sell ball sets. Without an earlier written reference, I think I'll go with BBC as the inventor. Please let me know if you do find some documentation.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy