Won Friday night even after the worst sharking EVER!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Sadly, I woulda went to jail if he made that comment about my wife/gf/mom, etc.
Jason

No, the correct response was "that's funny, my wife said you couldn't get it up last night" Thus, no jail time and he realizes that any comment won't faze you. I mean, who cares what someone says about someone that you know that he has not met?

WVShootist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, the correct response was "that's funny, my wife said you couldn't get it up last night" Thus, no jail time and he realizes that any comment won't faze you. I mean, who cares what someone says about someone that you know that he has not met?

Pretty much this. I don't get mad unless the guy is clearly being insulting instead of poorly choosing his jokes. Plus when in bars I generally let things go that I might get more pissed about if I were in a gas station or wherever, we all make the decision to go to where there's definitely going to be drunk people and if I punched every drunk that ever annoyed me I wouldn't be able to hold a cue.

But then again, I grew up playing sports--we all banged each other's girlfriends and moms according to locker room trash talk. lol

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Pretty much this. I don't get mad unless the guy is clearly being insulting instead of poorly choosing his jokes. Plus when in bars I generally let things go that I might get more pissed about if I were in a gas station or wherever, we all make the decision to go to where there's definitely going to be drunk people and if I punched every drunk that ever annoyed me I wouldn't be able to hold a cue.

But then again, I grew up playing sports--we all banged each other's girlfriends and moms according to locker room trash talk. lol

So, you think he wasnt being insulting? There is nothing funny about his "joke" and nobody would see it as a joke. Comments like that are meant to cause fights and thats why he said it. I would hate to disappoint him. Lol
Jason

WVShootist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, you think he wasnt being insulting? There is nothing funny about his "joke" and nobody would see it as a joke. Comments like that are meant to cause fights and thats why he said it. I would hate to disappoint him. Lol
Jason

I don't know man, results will vary of course, but I grew up in an area where getting shot, stabbed, hit with bottles and pipes, etc. over something stupid is a very real possibility(and have personally witnessed it numerous times). So, like I said, unless someone is really asking for it I avoid trouble at all cost. In the case of a guy I'm friends with making a 'joke' about "shooting a wad in my wife/girlfriend's eye last night", I'm going to go ahead and laugh it off and not let it ruin my night or finances unless it's pretty clear he's intent on instigating something. And even then, I'm going to pray that I'm not pissed and beyond reasonable thought so I can get out of the situation in as consequence free of a manner as possible.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I don't know man, results will vary of course, but I grew up in an area where getting shot, stabbed, hit with bottles and pipes, etc. over something stupid is a very real possibility(and have personally witnessed it numerous times). So, like I said, unless someone is really asking for it I avoid trouble at all cost. In the case of a guy I'm friends with making a 'joke' about "shooting a wad in my wife/girlfriend's eye last night", I'm going to go ahead and laugh it off and not let it ruin my night or finances unless it's pretty clear he's intent on instigating something. And even then, I'm going to pray that I'm not pissed and beyond reasonable thought so I can get out of the situation in as consequence free of a manner as possible.

It being a friend is a completely different story, hell, i might actually let him do it lol

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Jason

I would see it as a joke. More like a drunk joker spewing stupidity. His right, I suppose.

But that's not my problem; it's his, so punching him would do nothing for me.

If I want to help someone be a better Person, I have other ways of doing so. Violence rarely helps such things. Occasionally, but that doesn't mean I have to be the one "helping."

And I've been in at least 20 or more altercations in bars over pool games mostly, so I have some idea of how it happens...or not.

A rule of thumb I tell myself is: My front teeth are worth lot more than 25 cents (or putting up with insults, or....).

Jeff Livingston