Shelby Williams - 2nd Place Derby City Class Cue

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Shelby Williams. Who’s that you say? If you followed the Derby City Classic Full Splice competition you’ll recognize this cue because it received 2nd place. Shelby really admires Paul Fanellis work and likes to think outside of the box. Just look at this cue! Shelby builds all of his full splices from scratch, no conversions.

Typically with a new builder I say, “Better keep an eye on him or her, they are going places”. Well Shelby made sure all of his “practice” was done behind closed doors in a secret undisclosed warehouse and he didnt make anything public until he was proud of his work. He is meticulous and it shows. This cue would have no problem being next to any of the top tier builders. So I say, “Look at Shelby Williams and look what he has accomplished not where he is going because he’s already there". Obviously he has a bright future but he made sure he only put his best foot forward when he started building for the public.

**This cue is available for sale, please message me for details**

fullsizeoutput_2823 by Alex Goeden, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_281d by Alex Goeden, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_2824 by Alex Goeden, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_2826 by Alex Goeden, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_2827 by Alex Goeden, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_2829 by Alex Goeden, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_281f by Alex Goeden, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_282a by Alex Goeden, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_282b by Alex Goeden, on Flickr

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He's also a damned good guy. ;) Fantastic cue.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Wow in the contest thread it didnt really catch my eye but in these views and pics its stunning

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
The cue is spectacular in every respect.

Good makers have an innate ability to not only know what attention to detail is but also how to acheive and then execute it. Though I know Shelby will always be learning, he was, among many other things I'm sure, born to build cues.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody who hasn't recognized Shelby's abilities before this contest hasn't been paying attention. Beautiful cue.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shelby is headed for stardom

Guess who bought his first cue?

Now guess who didn't have the sense to keep it?

str8eight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really appreciate the feedback, thank you guys. Means a lot.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk