Broke and ran my first five-pack today.

The Bourbonator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eight ball. I had never even got four before. I'd got three and come close to four dozens of times and even a couple times just in the last week but always found a wall. Broke dry the sixth rack but won and then broke and ran the seventh. Cool thing about it was that I went down to the pool room just to try out the new cue for the first time that I won in a tournament this weekend. It's just a $400 mcdermott, but I believe that thing might have some mojo.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats bro! you ought to hold onto that mcdermot!

you know it could be that it was a new cue so you were paying attention to some of the little things you normally take for granted

The Bourbonator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolplayer2093 said:
Congrats bro! you ought to hold onto that mcdermot!

you know it could be that it was a new cue so you were paying attention to some of the little things you normally take for granted

You're probably right. I sometimes grab a bar cue off the wall when things aren't going so well for that very reason. It also has a 12mm tip and all my other cues have a 13. It also has probably a $0.50 triangle tip on it and my others all have $15 tips. I could be done buying those.

The Bourbonator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just reading about the cue and it has malachite inlays. I googled that to find out what it was and found this:

Malachite This powerful healing stone works to heal the heart as well as the body. It is further used for money, love and for centering and balancing. It enhances our ability to nurture all Life. Use it to manifest prosperity into your life and to open your heart to others. Malachite is one of the few stones that can be used to clear and activate all Chakras. It has wonderful healing properties, and because of the high copper content of the stone it has a very steady pulsing electromagnetic energy field. It absorbs negative energy from the auric field cleansing it, thus balancing the wearer and protecting them from the effects negative energies. It is great for increasing ones concentration skills and is quite beneficial to ones physical, as well as psychic, vision. Malachite helps to find a balanced path between the desires of ego and of our higher Will, aiding us in removing blockages and inspiring us with ideas which will help to manifest those goals.

Now I'm pretty sure that cue has some mojo. :wink:

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
The Bourbonator said:
Eight ball. I had never even got four before. I'd got three and come close to four dozens of times and even a couple times just in the last week but always found a wall. Broke dry the sixth rack but won and then broke and ran the seventh. Cool thing about it was that I went down to the pool room just to try out the new cue for the first time that I won in a tournament this weekend. It's just a $400 mcdermott, but I believe that thing might have some mojo.

I had a buddy that let me borrow his mcdermott. The thing felt great and for a cheap cue it was awesome! Congrats on the 5 pack....

TheConArtist

Daddy's A Butcher
Silver Member
Very Nice Brother, Congrats and enjoy your game level just increased to a whole other level. Racks that you know should be ran out are easier to see and execute.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The Bourbonator said:

Well done, and thanks for sharing this accomplishment with the forum.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Great job! I've only had a 5-pack run on me once... and it was at the Texas Open this year (damn you Eric! :p great shooting!).

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tigerseye said:
I had a buddy that let me borrow his mcdermott. The thing felt great and for a cheap cue it was awesome! Congrats on the 5 pack....

they're not that bad. every now and then you find one that shoots damn good

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
5 Pack!!

A 5 pack in 8-Ball, awesome! On top of that 6 out of 7. Nice going, you should be proud!! Time for a COORS, don't mind if I do!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Bourbonator said:

good for you, i have never ran a 3 pack of 8ball, i have ran 4 packs of 9ball but the break awalys stopps me, Man that must feel great, keep it up. if you did it once you can do it again, McD they are great cues most of the time, only the odd one here or there is a bad player.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Bourbonator said:

That's some accomplishment. I doubt that I ever ran five racks of Eight Ball on a bar box. It ain't easy to do. But I have won over forty games in a row before and held the table for hours. Try that some time! :wink:

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
The Bourbonator said:

those mid range McDermott's got some players in there...I can attest to that..

those cheeseheads know their wood...

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Bourbonator said:

That really is pretty amazing. 5 Racks on the bar rag??? I ran 11 on the bar box playing 9 ball, and I think 3 playing 8 ball. But 6 of 7 is strong.

I heard that Bobby Hernandez one time ran 8. Bakersfield Bobby could flat play that 8 ball though.

I wouldn't part with that cue for love or money.

Tim-n-NM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great job. I have a D-19 McDremott and it plays great. Would never get rid of that cue. I've ran a five pack before on a BB and it is a great feeling. Keep hitting them.

Tim

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
What kind of table was it? Obviously 5 racks is an amazing accomplishment on any table; I'm just curious.

I've never even seen a 5-pack of 8-ball, much less gotten close to achieving one myself. As others have said, that cue is now worth far more than its sticker price to you.

-Andrew