Cool aiming vid............

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yet 7 of your posts are about CTE lol. A system you know little about and even admit you can't run a rack of balls with. If i sidetracked it you made dam sure it stayed sidetracked

Ah....I see how you think now. You believe if anyone mentions cte or pro1 in a post, that post is ABOUT cte, regardless of the subject matter.

Only a couple of my posts in this thread are about CTE, and those were due to your baiting, like this one. All of my other posts in this thread are actually about alignment and stroke, about the ability of knowing or feeling that you have your cue lined up accurately according to what you are seeing, which is surely a requirement for aiming, especially the fractional aiming shown in the snooker video posted by the op. Alignment and stroke applies to EVERY aiming method, including cte/pro1. And no, that statement isn't ABOUT cte or pro1. It's about the fact that a player must be able to know exactly where their cue is lined if they expect to send the cb to where it needs to be, regardless of what method or system they use to find that line of reference.

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"a player must be able to know exactly where their cue is lined if they expect to send the cb to where it needs to be,"

And, if I might add, "exactly" where the tip strikes the cue ball and with exactly how much force.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I would disagree. There eyes are telling them somethings not right so they steer and try to correct with body english. Sure you can still play ok like that, but it should not be the preferred way to play.

I agree with you, it's not preferred. For those who don't play often, I'm sure they try to make things happen in the final stroke when they consciously realize they are off. They try to steer the cb to fix their alignment fault, and they never get better. But for any player that plays jam up, like the guy I referred to earlier, they are not steering their shots. They might have a silly habit of swinging their cue or body after each shot, but they are dead on line when it counts, when the cue tip strikes the cb. They aren't consciously trying to fix anything in that final stroke.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
"a player must be able to know exactly where their cue is lined if they expect to send the cb to where it needs to be,"

And, if I might add, "exactly" where the tip strikes the cue ball and with exactly how much force.

Excellent add on.:thumbup:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pavlov says: "jump boy, jump"

Yet 7 of your posts are about CTE lol. A system you know little about and even admit you can't run a rack of balls with. If i sidetracked it you made dam sure it stayed sidetracked
Cookieman:
You must remember, uninformed totally insecure pups from the 'fractional aiming posse' are internally wired to constantly respond to truth with their own version of "truth".
Especially if one of the pups in question is a know-it-all expert about any subject someone can come up with...science, being an author, publishing books, selling books, collecting books, music, home interior design, auto repair, pool shooting, golfing, raising children, the workings of the human mind,.... oh joy!....what a guy.
The pups here do NOT know how to get to the shotline consistently, over and over and over although they THINK they do. Their lives are fraught with peril, like Pavlov's doggies.
These human Pavlov pups salivate at the very sight of things having to do with CTE. They cannot control themselves. It is the perversity of OCD personified.
Let 'em eat cake.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Especially if one of the pups in question is a know-it-all expert about any subject someone can come up with...science, being an author, publishing books, selling books, collecting books, music, home interior design, auto repair, pool shooting, golfing, raising children, the workings of the human mind,.... oh joy!....what a guy.

Wow, lol. I'd hate to be that guy. I mean, I have a lot of experience in each of these subjects, except home interior design, and I can even add a few more subjects to the list, but unlike this unfortunate "know-it-all" pup you're talking about, I am not an expert on all of this stuff. I'm always learning though, and that is a joy.

I don't judge people based on whether or not they are a jack of all trades or a polymath or simply have an eclectic nature. But I bet this pup you're talking about is a hell of a guy. If I were him I'd post a big smiley face thumbs up to show just how much your unsubstantiated opinion means to him, like this....:thumbup:

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Cookieman:
You must remember, uninformed totally insecure pups from the 'fractional aiming posse' are internally wired to constantly respond to truth with their own version of "truth".
The pups here do NOT know how to get to the shotline consistently, over and over and over although they THINK they do. Their lives are fraught with peril, like Pavlov's doggies.
These human Pavlov pups salivate at the very sight of things having to do with CTE. They cannot control themselves. It is the perversity of OCD personified.
Let 'em eat cake.
Let's see you demonstrate it.

Maybe you should play that pup some.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, lol. I'd hate to be that guy. I mean, I have a lot of experience in each of these subjects, except home interior design, and I can even add a few more subjects to the list, but unlike this unfortunate "know-it-all" pup you're talking about, I am not an expert on all of this stuff. I'm always learning though, and that is a joy.

I don't judge people based on whether or not they are a jack of all trades or a polymath or simply have an eclectic nature. But I bet this pup you're talking about is a hell of a guy. If I were him I'd post a big smiley face thumbs up to show just how much your unsubstantiated opinion means to him, like this....:thumbup:

So you assumed that post was aimed at you and you had to go in defense mode,lmao.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
So you assumed that post was aimed at you and you had to go in defense mode,lmao.

Uh....no. I'm a very likable guy, nothing like the pup Low500 was talking about. That dude must be a complete ass, because (according to Low) anyone that has learned a lot of stuff or has experience in various things is probably an ass, or a "joy" to be around. That poor pup probably doesn't have any friends. I bet he's won a talent show a time or two also...what a character! The nerve of that pup! Now I'm thinking Low might be onto something here. From now on I will look at multi skilled or multi talented people with a more cynical eye, complete disdain. The next time I run into a pool playing guitarist that claims he can help me get my car running or help me build a deck, I'm just gonna laugh in his face and say, "Yeah, I bet you can buddy, whatever....you damn know it all!" Lol. That'll show him.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's see you demonstrate it.

Maybe you should play that pup some.

A DEMONSTRATION? That would be pure entertainment. Trouble is they'd have to post their demonstrations in the AZB Joke Forum.

In my best Jack voice, "A Demonstration?!?!?! You can't HANDLE a demonstration!"

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A DEMONSTRATION? That would be pure entertainment. Trouble is they'd have to post their demonstrations in the AZB Joke Forum.
In my best Jack voice, "A Demonstration?!?!?! You can't HANDLE a demonstration!"
Here's a demonstration for you and your buddies..
Pavlov's Dog with captions.jpg

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's a demonstration for you and your buddies..

The best Pavlov example has been on display here for many years, though I'm fortunate enough to have only been here a little more than 2.5 years to witness it. What is it? Lol. It's the classic reaction exhibited by you, Stan, Dave S, Cookie, ValiantThor, and a couple of others every time a non CTE user posts the letters "CTE", regardless of the context or subject matter being discussed. The mere mention of CTE triggers the all too common unnecessary defensive tactics that muddy up many non-CTE threads.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW. This so called "Aiming" forum is insane. Don't check it or post all that often and i guess now i know why. Some of you cats really outta slam a couple Thorazine smoothies and maybe hit the rockin' chair as well. In all seriousness, there's probably as many ways to aim as stars in the sky. Why give a rat's ass what others use/don't use, like/don't like? My last stop in this mosh-pit. Crazy.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best Pavlov example has been on display here for many years, though I'm fortunate enough to have only been here a little more than 2.5 years to witness it. What is it? Lol. It's the classic reaction exhibited by you, Stan, Dave S, Cookie, ValiantThor, and a couple of others every time a non CTE user posts the letters "CTE", regardless of the context or subject matter being discussed. The mere mention of CTE triggers the all too common unnecessary defensive tactics that muddy up many non-CTE threads.
And of course one for you..........
Pavlov's Dog with captions.jpg

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
WOW. This so called "Aiming" forum is insane. Don't check it or post all that often and i guess now i know why. Some of you cats really outta slam a couple Thorazine smoothies and maybe hit the rockin' chair as well. In all seriousness, there's probably as many ways to aim as stars in the sky. Why give a rat's ass what others use/don't use, like/don't like? My last stop in this mosh-pit. Crazy.

I agree. There are so many ways to aim, and players should be able to freely discuss and compare all the methods with each other without having to deal with close-minded zealots that treat aiming like it's taboo or sacred.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No, the problem is you are the one constantly bringing up CTE. Why is that? You can't run a rack using it. You misinterpret or mis represent most of Stan's teachings. Generally, and i've have to go back and look, if someone besides you mentions CTE you are the very next poster.
They aren't defensive tactics as it seems you've learned a new word, they are constant corrections of your misinterpretations.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. There are so many ways to aim, and players should be able to freely discuss and compare all the methods with each other without having to deal with close-minded zealots that treat aiming like it's taboo or sacred.

Please discuss away. What system or way of aiming do you want to talk about? Free discussion, try it.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For the record, i tried to discuss another system but it looks like my thread got deleted.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
No, the problem is you are the one constantly bringing up CTE. Why is that? You can't run a rack using it. You misinterpret or mis represent most of Stan's teachings. Generally, and i've have to go back and look, if someone besides you mentions CTE you are the very next poster.
They aren't defensive tactics as it seems you've learned a new word, they are constant corrections of your misinterpretations.

Please provide one example of any misinterpretation I've made about Stan's teaching. Keep in mind that I post links to Stan's videos any time I describe or comment on the particulars of CTE or Pro1.

In this thread I only mentioned CTE to prove a valid point that applies to ALL aiming methods. Any time a pool player lined up his pool cue on a shot line or a reference line, the player must have the skill/ability to know or feel that the cue is on line. All you have to do to prove this is to give a non-pool player a pool cue, then put your finger on the rail and ask them to aim the cb to hit your finger. You'll recognize immediately that the cue is not lined up properly, but they can't see how they lined up. They have no clue because they haven't developed that skill, that feel of just knowing your grip hand is in line with your bridge and the cb and the target. Placing your back foot on the line helps, but they don't know that either.