Thread: Harold Worst
View Single Post
Old
  (#26)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-04-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obe1 View Post
Jay

Is it true Worst took on the snooker pros while in England and beat them on the 6x 12"s?

Thank you for your post's Jay..They are the best
I never heard that story, although he did play great snooker. I only saw him play Cornbread Red in the finals of the snooker division in Detroit in 1963. Red was a great snooker player also and it went down to the last game with Harold winning. They also played in the 9-Ball finals (Worst won again) and the One Pocket finals (Red got that one). There were a lot of good players in those events and Red and Harold were the two best of the bunch. I don't think they let Harold play in the Three Cushion division. Either it conflicted with the pool events or he was barred for some reason. No one could have beaten him at that game for certain.

I heard that Worst played Jimmy Moore a big money snooker match during Johnston City and won but I was not there for that one. The Canadian, George Chenier, was the best snooker player in North American at that time, but I have no idea if they ever met or played each other.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars