View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

12-13-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket John View Post

I would have attempted to follow your written instruction thread earlier on this shooting system but I am a visual learner.

Interesting. I'll practice some more using it.

John
If you're a visual learner, no better way than getting the visuals first hand by doing it on the table yourself.

Here's my suggestion for starters which I did more than a decade ago when Hal first
introduced it over the phone with me on the table.

Confine yourself to this ONE visual until you know it's limitations for shot angle.

Make it a few degrees to start off and keep shooting until you can't miss. Then increase the angle more and more as you go along to identify it's outer limits. When that happens you'll be undercutting the shots.

Aim center to center like you'll be aiming to hit the OB straight into the rail just outside of the pocket. Any pocket. Then pivot to the OUTSIDE so the tip of the cue is aiming at 1/4 spot on the OB. If it's a really minor cut it might even be short of !/4 ball between center and 1/4.

You can start with the two balls about a foot apart and increase the distance to as much as possible with everything else in between.

The accuracy and limitations will be something you'll learn on your own very quickly.

When you start missing short, that's when the original aim from center to center then moves to center to 1/4 where you'll hit it's limitations for cut angle and then have to move to center to edge.

Let me know how it goes.

Viffer: The Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFIy2ebJIE