View Single Post
Old
  (#70)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-24-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Yes, the ball traveling in an arc is like the loopy pinoy stroke - obviously no stopping anywhere. As for the ball going straight up and down... my instinct is there's never actually a moment when it isn't moving. I'd be happy to be proved wrong in order to learn the truth.

pj <- tangentially speaking
chgo
Me too....

But then you get to anatomy and physiology. Do the muscles have to stop before changing direction with a traditional pool stroke? I think probably so.

But here's where I think it gets interesting: We have more than one muscle group at work, so when the arm muscle group stops to change direction, the hand muscle group can potentially keep the cue in motion because certain hand muscles aren't necessarily reversing direction, but rather starting for the first time during that stroke.