View Single Post
Old
  (#2)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-24-2019, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLafayette View Post
Never having room in my house for a pool table, I finally had a building built behind my house - 16'x20' - to make into a pool room. I play APA and it's exclusively played on Valley 7' bar tables down here and in Vegas. I have a local Valley distributor who services Valleys constantly. I'm planning on getting the 8' home version. I don't want a Brunswick or a Diamond (No Diamond dealers for hundreds of miles) because I feel practicing on the same table as the one I shoot on in league several nights a week will help my game. I'm only a mid-level player.
Any opinions or experiences with the new 8' Valley Predator? (The one with the flush corners and pockets)
If you get the installer to shim those pockets up to 4 1/4 inches all the way around, including the sides, you will have a great tool to rehearse on. When you get into competition it will be a cakewalk.
It costs a little more to have it done and if the installers haven't been around for a while they will whine and moan..........but it can be done quite easily.
I have two tables...a 9 foot Gandy shimmed up to 4 1/4 all over and also one of the old 7 foot Valleys with the coin operating system ripped out that I picked up cheap from a beer joint that went busted. I had a well known installer put some kind of different rails on that valley that he recommended and triple shimmed the pockets. (side pockets too....don't neglect the sides)
Get cheap slow cloth. Then if you ever get on the good Simonis stuff, you will just sail through the games.
If you're serious about your game, that 8 foot Valley Predator, properly installed for brutal sweat filled workouts, will get you to where you'd like to be.
It won't hold heavy resale value like a Diamond or Brunswick or Olhausen, but we can't have everything, you know. If you want a sweat box for torturous, serious, training...this is a good way to go without spending an arm and a leg.
Sic 'em!