View Single Post
Old
  (#49)
justnum
AzB Silver Member
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-19-2019, 03:00 PM

All the leading scientists once said the Earth is the center of the universe, the earth is flat and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightpool_99 View Post
Stupid mongering, eh? So all the leading climate scientists are in kahoots to defraud Americans? The atmosphere is a very complex system that is still not fully understood, but when atmosperic CO2 has risen dramatically in just a couple hundred years, what do you think the outcome will be long term? Because when you change a system this way, there will be repercussions. The effect of such a change may not be linear at all, but may cause methane to be released from the permafrost, giving a huge boost of the greenhouse effect. I'm really surprised at how sure the scientific minded(?) people on here seem to be that they have a complete understanding of the atmosphere and all related effects, because the scientists are much more cautions, and rightfully so.

This planet has been a waterworld (almost) and a snowball in it's geological history and has had numerous mass extinction events (this era being one of them, but so far not even close to the worst). I think caution should be exercised. So do the scientists. But you guys all know better so, it's full throttle on the Humvees I guess.

Anyway, the climate may be the least of our problems, short term. Water shortages and plastic (and other) pollutions, as well as antiobiotic resistance in common diseases, may get us long before the climate does, but it certainly will accellerate the mass extinction going on. I don't really think that is anything to take lightly.