View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
EddieBme
AzB Silver Member
EddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond reputeEddieBme has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-07-2019, 05:54 PM

06-15-2019 | 03:15 PM

JC

I had been wanting to get into some basic inlay capabilities and a customer asked me if I could put an anchor on his butt sleeve to commemorate his time in the navy. I said sure, no problem. Having no idea how I was going to accomplish it. So a bought a router table and learned how to use it. Then I looked at bobcad and my eyes got blurry quickly. On the advice of a smart cue builder (who may be the OP of this thread) I bought cut2d and within two days I had the basics down and did my first inlay which was an anchor made out of ebony wood.

I recently completed this cue. The anchor turned out nice. Having a spectacular piece of Cocobolo and BEM didn't hurt either.

030 [800x600].jpg

029 [800x600].jpg

JC

That's a very nice looking cue! Just the look i'd like, with the exception of the anchor, i'd like your initials, where the anchor is.
Eddie