View Single Post
consistency
Old
  (#24)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

consistency - 09-13-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmSharp View Post
Hu, can you expand on what you mean with "index their cues for maximum consistency" I haven't heard this term, and I am wondering if it is referring to something I know under a different term/reference.

inline with the thread, I prefer solid maple. i actually find that using the natural deflection to get whitely around that just barely hooked shot to be very useful.

Natural wood shafts are stiffer in one direction than another, stronger too. Started when playing off the wall, the cues with the best tips and best shaft areas were usually that way because they were warped and not played with as much. I always turned the warp so the tip bowed upwards, some prefer it bowed down. From there, I went to turning the wood grain vertical on better shafts so they were stiffer top to bottom and slightly more limber side to side.

Wood is very individual and some is almost as stiff one way as the other, other wood it makes a big difference. Taking the variable out might make a slight difference and the difference between winning or losing might be one or two shots.

We try to get everything else perfect, might as well orient the cue the same way every time too. Not going to make a big difference but it will make a slight difference sometimes and it doesn't cost a thing. Orienting the stick, indexing it to the same place, becomes part of your preshot routine.

Hu