Az Members who build their own cues please post photo's of your new and old work!!!!

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Well, here is my first, built from scratch, cue that will be my new break cue. It is a PH forearm with a cored ebony handle and PH butt sleeve. It took awhile to complete, but I finally got the finish pretty good. I just finished buffing it today, and will be cracking a rack or 2 tonite to try it out. I tried to take the best pics I could, but photography really isn't my thing.
Specs:
19-7/8 oz, total, 15.75 oz butt, 4.125 oz shaft
length 57.75"
balance point 19" from butt
Tip/ferrule: 12.96 mm, one piece canvas phenolic
Thanks for looking.
joint.jpg
fore.jpg

butt tip.jpg

butt.jpg

tip1.jpg

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Dave38 said:
Well, here is my first, built from scratch, cue that will be my new break cue. It is a PH forearm with a cored ebony handle and PH butt sleeve. It took awhile to complete, but I finally got the finish pretty good. I just finished buffing it today, and will be cracking a rack or 2 tonite to try it out. I tried to take the best pics I could, but photography really isn't my thing.
Specs:
19-7/8 oz, total, 15.75 oz butt, 4.125 oz shaft
length 57.75"
balance point 19" from butt
Tip/ferrule: 12.96 mm, one piece canvas phenolic
Thanks for looking.
View attachment 67462
View attachment 67458

View attachment 67459

View attachment 67460

View attachment 67461

Very Nice Dave, with the purple heart shaft that will make a great break cue. I am also a Purple Heart fan myself, and the finish on that cue really looks great!!!!!!!

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate it. I took it for a drive tonite at the local watering hole and let a few friends use it also, and all I heard was how sweet it hit the rack!! It's a challenge table, 8 footer, 8-ball rules. My girlfriend, who weights around 100lbs, used it 3 times, had most of the rack come up table after each break. I finally got to use it, and it was a smooth, solid hit, and the balls exploded. I'm very pleased with the action, and the looks. :)
Dave

Bill the Cat

Proud maker of CAT cues
Silver Member
Halloween Cue

I just finished this one for a buddy of mine. His wife's nickname is "Boo" and her birthday is on Halloween.

Halloween Cue.JPG

Halloween Cue - Butt.JPG

Halloween Cue - Forearm.JPG

Bill the Cat

Proud maker of CAT cues
Silver Member
Birdseye with Purpleheart handle

This is one I just finished for an AZer. Birdseye wrapless with Purpleheart handle.

Purpleheart handle with stitch rings.JPG

Purpleheart handle with stitch rings - Butt.JPG

Purpleheart handle with stitch rings - Forearm.JPG

Bill the Cat

Proud maker of CAT cues
Silver Member
Kiattwood wrapless

Here's another wrapless that I just finished for an AZer. Kiattwood forearm, Birdseye handle and Rosewood butt sleeve.

Kiatt with stitch rings.JPG

Kiatt with stitch rings - Butt.JPG

Kiatt with stitch rings - Forearm.JPG

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Bill The Cat

I love everything except the bumper. Very functional but Kinda big IMO.

Bill the Cat

Proud maker of CAT cues
Silver Member
Thanks!

Thanks for the comments guys!

I agree about the bumper, but it still looks better than a nicked butt cap:p

Bill the Cat

Proud maker of CAT cues
Silver Member
It might be available

Craig Fales said:
I like that dark purpleheart with the red ringwork....

SNOWMON34 bought it and raffled it off in the Wanted/For Sale forum. Did you buy a spot?

DBK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recently I looked pictures of my old cues to receive additional inspiration for new cues. :) Has tried to allocate the cues the most interesting to me, since 2003.

2003. One of the most favourite my cue till now. I like the result very much. It has turned out very playability cue not looking on the fact, that it has shaft with extremely long protaper (about 50 sm). And this cue has turned out beautiful too.

2004. The first successful experience with leather on the handle. Before I added a leather only on cues for Russian billiards. On this cue I tested many variants of a hornbeam shafts. Experience has shown that the hornbeam is good enough for a pool shafts.
(this cue for sale now)

2005. Experience with short splice, a bone and new wood. This cue - universal. For Russian billiards and Pool. All universal loses to special, but this cue is equally well applicable for both billiards - Russian billiard and Pool. My customer and I are pleased.

2006. The first experiences on Six Points Full Long Spliced. Very successful on my opinion. These "brothers" have started such technology for poolcues. I very much love these cues.
(by the way, second "brother" is available for sale).

The second interesting on my opinion cue is an attempt to apply butterflies technology of Russian cues for Poolcues. Very successful attempt on my opinion. (for sale now too)

To be continue ......

DBK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The second part...

2007. I like break and jump cues which turn out very successful now. A quite good series of similar cues has passed in 2007.

I have continued experiences with Six Points Full Long Spliced to be more confident on this technology. This cue has turned out very playability on my opinion. (is present for sale now)

The same year I began to work more confidently with CNC inlays and fancy rings not only on Russian cues but also on Poolcues.

2007-2008. I have tried to make Hi-End cues. On mine it has turned out very not bad. Now these are again available for sale.

It not all my cues certainly but almost all favourite. Such my history and my favourite stages in a pool cuebuilding .:)

The end... Oh, no. I hope not the end. Will be new pool cues.:)

Jule

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know I am a great admirerer of your work. I'm really glad you started posting on AZ. Gave me the chance to own some of your masterpieces!
Hopefully there will be many more :) !

TheWizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First, Craig I gotta say that this is probably the best thread on AZB, because it is for both cuemakers and for newcomers to custom cues alike, which is something that has been long overdue and so, I happily tip my hat to you for posting this thread :)

Secondly, as a cue fan I am like a big kid in a candy store right now, checking out all the great work that you good folks have put on display here and I can't help wishing that I was able to make a cue stick, let alone be able to create the works of art that you guys have done :)

Keep up the good work guys, hats off to each of you :)

Willie

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
TheWizard said:
First, Craig I gotta say that this is probably the best thread on AZB, because it is for both cuemakers and for newcomers to custom cues alike, which is something that has been long overdue and so, I happily tip my hat to you for posting this thread :)

Secondly, as a cue fan I am like a big kid in a candy store right now, checking out all the great work that you good folks have put on display here and I can't help wishing that I was able to make a cue stick, let alone be able to create the works of art that you guys have done :)

Keep up the good work guys, hats off to each of you :)

Willie

Willie, first let me say thank you for the kind words, I certainly agree it appears to be doing very.

Below is a my latest Custom Jump cue that is almost completed except for a few minor details. Locally, I have had so many requests for these cues that I will be building many more in the near future.

Any input on this cue would be appreciated!!!!!

jumcue forarm 2.jpg

jump joint.jpg

Jump Butt.jpg

jump butt2.jpg

jumpcue2.jpg