Cuetec Cynergy 15k

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My12.4 is out for retipping so I decided to use my Cynergy which I bought in March. This was the first time I used the shaft. The hit is indeed solid but in my opinion not close to how a wood shaft feels. It does feel as crisp or sharp as a wood shaft.

The shaft plays great for the most part. With the exception of experiencing vibrations on certain shots where I apply about 1-2 tips of side spin. I have not experienced vibrations on my 314-3, Vantage and 12.4 Revo/12.9 Revo. This to me is the biggest downer.

I don’t get bothered by the taper at all even if I play 99% of the with my 12.4. The Sniper tip is not bad but I use Hard tips on all my shafts...I will give it another go this weekend but I doubt that I will switch to this from the Revo.

Last edited:

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update

UPDATE

Upon further review of the shaft, after the sniper tip is broken in it truly has a pleasant wood tone/note to it, also It was the butt that I had tried the shaft on that caused me to think the shaft hit quite dead. Feel is very important to me as is sound. I decided to put the shaft on my Guerra cue to try, and the cue hit a tone that sounded great and moved the cue ball effortlessly around the table, Great accurate long shots, after I adjusted around only 20 minutes to the taper I was starting to enjoy the shaft and low low deflection proporties it had to offer. I have to say I'm still not the hugest fan of the super slim taper, but If I ever chose to shoot with a Cynergy shaft I'm sure I would be able to get use to it. I am looking forward to trying the Mezz Ignite shaft and their pro taper 12.2 mm shaft before making any huge leaps towards choosing to put a Revo, Cynergy, or Ignite in my case! Who knows, I may just meet them in between with a Mezz WXalpha If I ever go low deflection again.
What does ctcf stand for?