Shanghai masters is live on fb

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks smat-a^*. There's a bunch of links and none of them work or are pay sites.

Sorry but I'm a dumb a** and don't know how to post a link.

I did find it through the search function on Facebook no problem.

Sorry I cost you some anguish

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"The Event Has Ended" - LOL. Wish I'd paid attention and been up really early to start watching (if it would have actually been accessible).

Based on everything that's happened the past year seems like Ronnie is truly a legend in his spare time - pretty cool.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Sorry but I'm a dumb a** and don't know how to post a link.

I did find it through the search function on Facebook no problem.

Sorry I cost you some anguish

Here it is on YouTube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hTJYHxpMzs

You have my sympathy on using these devices....some things I can do on an IPad..
....some things I need a computer to do them.
On my IPhone, I can do about 3% of what a 15 year old kid can do....:(

pt....is not known as an IT pro

PS.....I wonder if this puts Ronnie back to #1 ranked

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone else feel as if Ronnie gives people chances to beat him?

It's almost as though he dares them to rise to his level.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone else feel as if Ronnie gives people chances to beat him?

It's almost as though he dares them to rise to his level.

Yes, but I don’t think it’s conscious.

I think he has to get himself fired up and in the zone, to compete (in the manner he wants to, i.e. fluently) and that often involves taking on shots he might miss, knowing if he gets a few in, he’s basically ‘calibrated’ himself and he should go onto win.

Sometimes of course that doesn’t work and his B game is now excellent anyway.

For me his peak game is still as amazing as ever, but he can’t maintain it for long periods generally, but his B and even C games are now so much better than they ever were, he’s still the man to beat.

If he was content to play his B game all the time he might even be better...but it’s not in his nature to accept less than perfection (but he is much better at it than he used to be).

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did Ronnie win a match or the whole tournament? If the latter, was this tournament a major snooker tournament or a smaller tour stop?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Did Ronnie win a match or the whole tournament? If the latter, was this tournament a major snooker tournament or a smaller tour stop?

Ronnie has won this tournament three years in a row.
It’s an invitation tournament....so a smaller field...but an elite one.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is non-ranking event so consider a small tour stop. But even then Ronnie took home GBP200K ($250K)
:)

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I have read, Ronnie loves this trnmnt;)

He has spent time in China and enjoys it there. He is friendly with the Chinese players and has spent time helping them improve.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is non-ranking event so consider a small tour stop. But even then Ronnie took home GBP200K ($250K)
:)

Its not really small, as you say the prize money is decent and its one of the few events in China that actually draws the crowds.

Its small in terms of the field of course, as they only invite 16, but none of the elite players ever turn this one down which tells you something...

Obviously being a non-ranking event it doesn't technically constitute a 'tour stop' as such, just like the Masters in the UK (but again no-one would ever turn that down either).