Chuck Fields Re-New

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone

I had bought a new case from Mr. Fields 4 years ago and had sellers remorse almost immediately after I sold it to a great AZer who posts often. 4 years later I was fortunate to buy this https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?490094&p=6347701#post6347701. As you can see from the pix and Philosophers very honest description I knew it would need a refurbish
So I contacted Chuck and inquired if he could do it. Chuck replied immediately and since he is retired and no longer has his shop he graciously provided full details and what I would need to do it myself. A couple hours of elbow grease along with brasso, Angelus red and black shoe polish, leather conditioner and patience and I think it's almost back to 'like new,. also a little WD 40 on a rag run over the zippers, they open and close perfectly smooth.

Hopefully I'll be able to attach some "after pix"

Interior and Cue protection: very soft sleeves and nice snug fit, it rate it an absolute 10

Leather: very high quality, soft, supple and very durable, polished up very nicely, I used my wife's Coach conditioner and it feels as soft as her hi-end bags, another 10

Construction: I don't know enough about how Mr Fields built this but, it's as sturdy as can be and after four years of use, maybe a little hard use, it looks and works great. I have owned a lot of cases and from almost all the top makers, so with that limited knowledge and experience, another 10.

Aesthetics: this case is gorgeous. Guess what? Another 10

I obviously really like Chuck's work and this case.

He improved on my only negative comment when I reviewed the first case I got, that was the ease of getting my hand in the pocket. The center zipper works very well.

Too bad Chuck retired, I think his work will be sorely missed. Enjoy your retirement and thank you for all your kind assistance and information.

Now I'll try to add pictures.

Regards all.
Dave

Last edited:

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Picture

Bottom brass polished

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 720

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Picture

Rivet replaced and black polish. Brasso does a great job on solid brass

image.jpg

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Topside

image.jpg

This was a lot of fun and rewarding

Thanks again Steve and Chuck

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking nice!! That center pocket zipper seems like a nice option for sure.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Great job!

I, too, have a Fields case that is need of a little TLC. I desperately need the bottom "feet" replaced.

Josh