Really glad the AZ/1P room happened this year.

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
I know at times it's more of a battlefield position than a room, but I'm really glad the room happened this year and would like to see it again next year.

I thought this year was an improvement over last year. It was great meeting other members and considering it all happened last minute, to me the donation was well worth it. I also thought the sign was a big help.

The best time to be in the room were mornings and afternoons. Early evenings things would start to get a little tough to manage as far as non-members go and late evenings early mornings, forget it. The room is just too close to all the action and the free tables are like blood in the water for the sharks.

Perhaps with a little more time to organize, things could improve even more. Some options that may be worth considering are the following:

1) Daytime and mornings don't seem to be too bad, but it might be best to have two volunteers assigned to manage the room each evening from 6pm to at least 12am. If the volunteers want to hang around longer, that would be fine. I would be happy to help with this next year.

2) Close and lock the room from 12am - 8am. One morning, the place was trashed from non members smoking and littering. There was also a non member sleeping in there that morning. The exact time the room is closed is not a big deal, but if no member is there to watch over things, I think it would be better/safer to just close it.

3) A second sign like the one on the door hanging inside the room that says "Members Only".

Had a great time this year and the AZ/!P room is a big reason I go. Met a lot of cool folks over the years. Many of whom I'm still friends with. It's a great part of DCC and I hope it continues! :)

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I had a really good time in there. Next year I'll donate the same amount

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
In the first years there was a 1P.org/AZB room back at the Ex West, the room was locked overnight when no members were there to keep an eye on it. I think to make this work you would need at least one "morning" person and at least one "night owl", because no way the same person is going to be functional both ends of the long DCC days.

I know at times it's more of a battlefield position than a room, but I'm really glad the room happened this year and would like to see it again next year.

I thought this year was an improvement over last year. It was great meeting other members and considering it all happened last minute, to me the donation was well worth it. I also thought the sign was a big help.

The best time to be in the room were mornings and afternoons. Early evenings things would start to get a little tough to manage as far as non-members go and late evenings early mornings, forget it. The room is just too close to all the action and the free tables are like blood in the water for the sharks.

Perhaps with a little more time to organize, things could improve even more. Some options that may be worth considering are the following:

1) Daytime and mornings don't seem to be too bad, but it might be best to have two volunteers assigned to manage the room each evening from 6pm to at least 12am. If the volunteers want to hang around longer, that would be fine. I would be happy to help with this next year.

2) Close and lock the room from 12am - 8am. One morning, the place was trashed from non members smoking and littering. There was also a non member sleeping in there that morning. The exact time the room is closed is not a big deal, but if no member is there to watch over things, I think it would be better/safer to just close it.

3) A second sign like the one on the door hanging inside the room that says "Members Only".

Had a great time this year and the AZ/!P room is a big reason I go. Met a lot of cool folks over the years. Many of whom I'm still friends with. It's a great part of DCC and I hope it continues! :)

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice meeting you "T", I played quite a bit in there this year. It was nice without the 1 pocket contest going on, seemed to have more playing time. Gave up my table a couple of times around 1am for a large money game, but I was ready to rest awhile. Tom

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Only time I really had time was after midnight and the non-members were pretty much pretty determined that if they had money games they were taking the tables if you were just in there playing for fun or hitting a few balls...

I saw several of the paying members having to shell out the rental money across the hall a few times as the free tables were taken over....

I really have no idea of how to keep the non-paying players out of the room late at night since Jerry and Mike have to sleep sometime..... At this point I would lean towards locking it up since it wasn't like any Azer or 1p member was going to get use out of it without fighting for it.....

I actually asked Jerry if volunteers could be used to help enforce who was allowed in the room and he said it was a tall order for a volunteer because most people don't like the sole job of having to piss people off by running them off when they shouldn't be there.......

Considering the way some members here go out of their way at times to push buttons I have no idea why he doesn't think it would work?? LOL

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played quite a bit in there this year. It was nice without the 1 pocket contest going on, seemed to have more playing time. Gave up my table a couple of times around 1am for a large money game, but I was ready to rest awhile. Tom

I know I saw you in there wearing a really cool t-shirt on a couple of different days...;)

- Ghost

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
I know I saw you in there wearing a really cool t-shirt on a couple of different days...;)

- Ghost

Already wore my cool shirt here at home, and got multiple, "where'd you get that?" inquiries. LOVE IT! Enjoyed you and Ike's match as well....you'll draw him again next year and take the lead in the series again. :cool:

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be wearing my "REALLY COOL T SHIRT" on Monday when I go to the pool room, did you say it makes you play better? Tom

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
nope, still play like garbage, but the shirt looks cool and get the compliments (something I never expect from my game ;) )

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Already wore my cool shirt here at home, and got multiple, "where'd you get that?" inquiries. LOVE IT! Enjoyed you and Ike's match as well....you'll draw him again next year and take the lead in the series again. :cool:

Thanks, glad you love your shirt......as for drawing Ike again next year - I hope not - I'd much rather draw Ralf Souquet, and 'represent' for the USA...:)

I will be wearing my "REALLY COOL T
SHIRT" on Monday when I go to the pool room, did you say it makes you play better? Tom

nope, still play like garbage, but the shirt looks cool and get the compliments (something I never expect from my game ;) )

The shirt does have magic properties and you will play better when you wear it..:yes:..but only if you're playing One Pocket when wearing it -- if you play any other game when wearing it, the shirt will make you dog shots...:eek:

- Ghost