Pocket Facings

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen a few types of pocket facings available. What are the most popular/best playing facings?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
60 durometer neoprene facings, from what I have learned is that 3/16" is the standard size and no larger than 1/4" . Hope this helps.

Trent from Toledo

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Facings

The canvas impregnated facings are stiffer.

I always keep several sets of each thickness on hand.. I always use the pocket facings type diamond billiards uses, way better than any facing from a billiard supply store.
I can sell you a set or two if you are in need of facings.

Rob.M

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I always keep several sets of each thickness on hand.. I always use the pocket facings type diamond billiards uses, way better than any facing from a billiard supply store.

Rob.M

Thanks for the offer but I'm not in the market quite yet. I've got 3/16" neoprene facings on my table and was just curious if there were softer facings on the market. When a ball hits the facing on my table just right, it dies. I've played on other tables where this is not the case.

ROB.M

Silver Member
Thanks for the offer but I'm not in the market quite yet. I've got 3/16" neoprene facings on my table and was just curious if there were softer facings on the market. When a ball hits the facing on my table just right, it dies. I've played on other tables where this is not the case.

-

I'll assure you that you don't have the neoprenne facings that I offer, they will not die/thud off the point.
The thud is a characteristic of the cheap/low cost facings.
You'll know the difference once a premium facing is installed.

Rob.M

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member

If you use 3/16" neoprene facings of 60 durometer the balls certainly won't die.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

Rob.M

My corner pockets have the problem of the ball dying if you hit the cushion real close to the side pocket facing. I can just peel off the old facings, fit, then glue on the new facings????

JC

Coos Cues
My corner pockets have the problem of the ball dying if you hit the cushion real close to the side pocket facing. I can just peel off the old facings, fit, then glue on the new facings????

That's pretty much it. Just unstaple enough cloth at the ends to work on them then pull it back over and re staple it. But you will need to glue them on and then do the fitting.

JC

ROB.M

Silver Member

-

Pocket facings will need to be trimmed to fit the profile of your cushion at the pocket opening.
These facings are a huge improvement over those facings that thud..

Rob.M

ROB.M

Silver Member
Rob, what do you use to trim the facings to be flush with the cushion? Thanks in advance!

-
I would imagine everyone has their way of trimming the facings to profile.
Use a sharp knife to cut off the stick out, use sandpaper to a perfect fit.

Rob.M

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I use a razor knife and orbital sander. Trim "fat" and sand smooth. Make sure you cut them back far enough in the jaws to not obstruct the pocket fit.

I think mine come out very nice:

11121783_337381546471880_131662241165469503_o.jpg

1537790_337381643138537_2430056976522413128_o.jpg