Blue gold crown 1

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just picked up this table. It needs cosmetic TLC but otherwise good shape. Cushions are original and seem good. Also came w a wall rack that someone painted black. It will need rexus31 touch to come back to life.

I couldnt pass it up at 100$

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200328-175821_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200328-175821_Gallery.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 646
  • received_603543693709795.jpg
    received_603543693709795.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Just picked up this table. It needs cosmetic TLC but otherwise good shape. Cushions are original and seem good. Also came w a wall rack that someone painted black. It will need rexus31 touch to come back to life.

I couldnt pass it up at 100$

Indiana off Facebook? I passed on it!! ;)

TFT

Last edited:

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Appears to be a great find. Anywhere close to me and I would have jumped on it. Not much downside at $100. Congrats and good luck with it. Trent, why did you pass?

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow good for you hundred bucks I paid 1000 for mine good luck with it shoot well

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have paid $95 but not $100. hahaha.
Awesome!!! It will fix up fine and you'll get loads of great play on it.
Congrats.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There was a tangerine GC1 in Albany about a month and a half ago for $300. I asked the woman selling if she would take paypal immediately and then I would be up the following week to get it. She didn't reply and sold it to someone else instead.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very nice. My understanding is the plastic name plate was on the very early 1's. Brunstone or slate? Great find for a 100 beaners.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very nice. My understanding is the plastic name plate was on the very early 1's. Brunstone or slate? Great find for a 100 beaners.

I never knew the difference between slate and brunstone. Slate is gray. Was brunstone a dull brown color?

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I think this is an early gc1

Figure 8 nut plate
Plastic nameplate
Non adjustable feet
Full length metal apron bracket

As a comparison, My other GC which was purchased in 1969
floating nut plate
metal nameplate
adjustable feet
3 piece metal apron bracket

Here is a picture of the "slate" its is a brownish color. I assume bs stands for brunstone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200329-081149_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200329-081149_Gallery.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice! Looks pretty intact!

All the plastics are in great shape, it has both bridge holders as well ball rack holder. I pulled the cloth off a rail and it looks to have been covered about 3 times.

The drop pockets were cracked so I just pitched them.

I am glad Trent passed. :thumbup:

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good luck! If i ever have a space big enough for a 9ft table that is the table I would want for the space! Love that coloring scheme. Good find for $100

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is my favorite table

i wish i could run into a really nice one or two of them

i grew up playing on those gold crown,Will Prout has he first table stored,just like this except in original pristine condition

i think he does need a name plate like that if you run into a new looking one

ebjoy your table ,there is nothing better

i will pay $2500 for one in perfect condition cash on barrell head at my house sey up

Last edited:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found the issue with brunstone... its brittle! All 3 pieces snapped right down the middle from being in the back of uhaul.

Who needs gc parts? Ha

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found the issue with brunstone... its brittle! All 3 pieces snapped right down the middle from being in the back of uhaul.

Who needs gc parts? Ha

NO WAY!

That sucks, man! I think you can get replacement slate for $600.