View Single Post
Old
  (#23)
Shuddy
AzB Silver Member
Shuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-07-2020, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
Another good idea is to record the reason your runs ended. There is always more than one reason, but what was the chief reason your run ended:

For example, you might use this system to record your reason.

1) Missed something easy
2) Position play error due
3) Missed breakshot at beginning of rack
4) Made breakshot at beginning of rack but got stuck
5) Missed midrack breakshot
6) Made midrack breakshot but got stuck
7) Speed control error
8) Pattern play error
9) Something else

You'll get a greater sense of where you are going wrong this way, which will help you determine what you most need to work on.
Not OP, but thanks Stu. I started playing straight pool for the first time after watching Ruslan win the American 14.1. I’m really enjoying it, but I live in Korea, and no one plays 14.1 here. I’ve been thinking about analyzing why I break down but hadn’t gone as far as specifics. This list seems pretty comprehensive, and I think more useful than keeping track of averages etc.

By the way, I underestimated the difficulty of 14.1. I started playing at the end of October and set a goal of a 100 run by the end of the year. The highest I managed was two runs of 58, so making a century is the goal for the first half 2020 (though I’m really hoping to make a 100 in January). Using your list will definitely help me improve my weaknesses.