View Single Post
Old
  (#68)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

01-20-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It is a great achievement and I just do not understand. All. The. Hate.

You people make me sad for humanity. This is a beacon to be celebrated, and most of you just want to tear it down. I don't get it, I am honestly baffled and deeply disappointed.
I believe the run happened and accept the BCA's signoff on it, but your dismissing those that want to see the evidence first hand before believing it as "making you sad for humanity" makes me sad for you.

In this age, unlike that of Mosconi, significant world records attained are, with very rare exception, available to the public for viewing. Not a single member of the general public saw the run from beginning to end when it happened, as a significant portion of it occurred before the poolroom was even open. The only witnesses of the entire run were members of John's team, and eight months after the run occurred, it hasn't been released for general viewing.

The fact that this run remains shrouded in secrecy and mystery makes it far less of a cause for the celebration you suggest is fitting than it could have and should have been.

It would be very hard to argue that the sport of pool has gained in any way from this undeniably remarkable achievement.