View Single Post
Old
  (#18)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-11-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemosconi View Post
I have found that NEVER thinking about racks run - but rather thinking about getting to and making each breakshot is much less stressful and much more liberating to the mind when playing this game. Once you know how to maneuver racks the right way in 14.1 then the key is to get to break balls and make them to get at another open rack and then just repeat the process over and over - look at it as a process and not as a goal to run racks - it flows better that way IMO and experience. Of course you want to make note of your runs when each rack is cleared off the table; but that's the extent of it for me while in the middle of a run. Some of the best 14.1 players I have known have told me they never know how many balls they run while practicing. they don't even bother to count racks- it is all about following the right process for them - the patterns, the do's and don'ts, setting up the next key/break ball via shot selections, etc. Running 100 balls requires doing so many things the right way and Not doing so many things the wrong way - it is way harder than 9 ball, 8 ball, etc. The guy who said it is just about putting balls in pockets must have been joking- I hope!
Keep in mind, gambling. If you know your opponent max runs 50 and your and 80 ball runner, your in a very good game. I grew up playing Joey Gold and Tommy Spencer and Varner, so I understand this from a different perspective, the days of Collegiate 14.1 Championships were big time for us.

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham