Espiritu Cue Question

S

skip

I got one great hit solid, fit an finish are super. Hope this helps. Skip :smile:

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My brother had one. Very nice cue. The hit is firm, think Schon.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing but wanted to wait for someone else to say it first. I play with a Schon now and although I am very happy with it, I think Espiritus play about the same but typically have better craftsmanship. There's just a bit more attention to detail.

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
I've owned 4 over the years. None recently though. What everyone says about the hit is spot on. The only thing that I didn't like was that it felt skinny in your grip hand. I think the butt is a tiny bit smaller than was normal then (10 years ago). It could have been my imagination but that's the way it seemed. Overall, I really like his cues. He also had an aprentice named Joe Ezel that went on to make some really nice cues. He is in the Hattiesburg, MS area if you are in the market.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've owned 4 over the years. None recently though. What everyone says about the hit is spot on. The only thing that I didn't like was that it felt skinny in your grip hand. I think the butt is a tiny bit smaller than was normal then (10 years ago). It could have been my imagination but that's the way it seemed. Overall, I really like his cues. He also had an aprentice named Joe Ezel that went on to make some really nice cues. He is in the Hattiesburg, MS area if you are in the market.

That's not your imagination. The butt is definitely thinner. It's probably the thinnest butt I've ever seen on a pool cue (as opposed to a snooker cue). It's not so thin that you question the integrity of it though.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for clearing that up, Jude. I agree, it doesn't effect the integrity. It's just different.

Sorry, I didn't think you meant that either. I was just adding that because if you haven't actually held an Espiritu, such a description could paint a different picture.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Nice cues

I have owned at least a half dozen of Russ's cues. I like his cues due to the thinner handles. The quality and hit were consistent through out all of his cues that I owned.

Kevin

Knight-of-Pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your question of "did the diameter of the butt increase" made me think of my wife for some reason... If the cue is anything like her, it will increase over time.

PaulieB wife after she reads this :angry: PaulieB when he see her reading this post :yikes: