Celebrities playing pool...Good?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Seeing another thread on celebrity pool players gave me an idea. There seems to be a lot of them out there. I know there are a lot more country music stars that love pool that aren?t on there. So I would guess there are a lot more in sports and other celebrity categories too.

I?m thinking of writing a short story for Amazon dot com on the celebs that play pool. I?ll use a little of their bios and notes from their fan clubs web sites and just add the pool hobby to them. Something like ?Pool is Cool? just ask these celebrities. I?m the first one to say people and the press bother them too much on there off time, but I don?t see this as bad for them...do you?

Anyhow I thought if enough people read it and talked about it to friends it could only be good for pool.

If anyone has anymore celebs that they know shoot pool, let me know on this or the other thread...or PM me. Thank you. Johnnyt

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
Seeing another thread on celebrity pool players gave me an idea. There seems to be a lot of them out there. I know there are a lot more country music stars that love pool that aren?t on there. So I would guess there are a lot more in sports and other celebrity categories too.

I?m thinking of writing a short story for Amazon dot com on the celebs that play pool. I?ll use a little of their bios and notes from their fan clubs web sites and just add the pool hobby to them. Something like ?Pool is Cool? just ask these celebrities. I?m the first one to say people and the press bother them too much on there off time, but I don?t see this as bad for them...do you?

Anyhow I thought if enough people read it and talked about it to friends it could only be good for pool.

If anyone has anymore celebs that they know shoot pool, let me know on this or the other thread...or PM me. Thank you. Johnnyt

'Lil Bow Wow challenged the world on MTV Cribs. I'm still trying to find out where he lives. I'd say he can bet what he wants but his barrel is slightly larger than mine.

McKinneyMiner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was living in El Paso they were filming the movie "Courage Under Fire."

Lou Diamond Phillips was in that movie and there were rampant rumors that he was looking for action / going off throughout the course of filming.

Various reports had him playing low A speed, but I never got to see in person.

Dawgie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Celebrity pool on TV would be great for our sport. Exposure to high profile people is what need.

miramachine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McKinneyMiner said:

Lou Diamond Phillips was in that movie and there were rampant rumors that he was looking for action / going off throughout the course of filming.

One of my good friends and great pool player from toronto once told me that Lou was visiting there once and payed him for a few lessons on the old green.

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McKinneyMiner said:

He plays around a mid C player, (will not run out, at least two innings to get out from the break) His "Young Guns" costar Kiefer Sutherland loves pool action. Late 80's through mid 90's he backed a slew of champions until he was allegedly dumped on by two champions. My experiance with Kiefer was when he backed California Kimmer against Jack Hynes playing 10 ahead 9ball. Jack had the set about closed out reaching 8 and 9 ahead at least five or six times. We all agreed to play another hour when Jack was 6 ahead and pro rate the outcome kim broke and ran 2 racks after he broke and the cueball got kicked in. Jack proceeded to run out the last six games mixing in snapping the 9ball in twice. Being the @sshole Jack is after beating Kim and Kiefer for the cash he started telling everyone that Kimmer and Mr. Sutherland were boyfriends (he was a bit more vulgar)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
huckster said:
He plays around a mid C player, (will not run out, at least two innings to get out from the break) His "Young Guns" costar Kiefer Sutherland loves pool action. Late 80's through mid 90's he backed a slew of champions until he was allegedly dumped on by two champions. My experiance with Kiefer was when he backed California Kimmer against Jack Hynes playing 10 ahead 9ball. Jack had the set about closed out reaching 8 and 9 ahead at least five or six times. We all agreed to play another hour when Jack was 6 ahead and pro rate the outcome kim broke and ran 2 racks after he broke and the cueball got kicked in. Jack proceeded to run out the last six games mixing in snapping the 9ball in twice. Being the @sshole Jack is after beating Kim and Kiefer for the cash he started telling everyone that Kimmer and Mr. Sutherland were boyfriends (he was a bit more vulgar)

i remember that, keifer was drnking alot then too.