Need Mechanic for GC II in St. Louis

suda

First of all, WHAT A GREAT SITE! I've been reading though the forums here for the last couple days and am so grateful that there is so much good information all in one place.

Now, down to business. I am looking at purchasing a Gold Crown II in the St. Louis area. It will need to be disassembled, moved about 30 miles, then set up. I admittedly am a complete newbie to this process. Will a table mechanic do all of this? Or is it more common to have someone move the table and then have a table mechanic set it up? Will a table mechanic be able / willing to look at the table with me to help me assess it's condition before purchase? (Again, I'm not an expert here.)

Finally, what are some recommended mechanics in the St. Louis Area? What would be the prices to move and set up the table? What if it needed new bumpers?

Thank you in advance for the help.

(I have some pictures of the table, but cannot post links, as I just registered.)

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
suda...A good mechanic will do all you need. I would contact Cue & Cushion in St. Louis. They are the top room in the area, and can steer you to the right guy to get your table moved and set up in it's new home! The owner posts here too! BTW, welcome to the forums! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

First of all, WHAT A GREAT SITE! I've been reading though the forums here for the last couple days and am so grateful that there is so much good information all in one place.

Now, down to business. I am looking at purchasing a Gold Crown II in the St. Louis area. It will need to be disassembled, moved about 30 miles, then set up. I admittedly am a complete newbie to this process. Will a table mechanic do all of this? Or is it more common to have someone move the table and then have a table mechanic set it up? Will a table mechanic be able / willing to look at the table with me to help me assess it's condition before purchase? (Again, I'm not an expert here.)

Finally, what are some recommended mechanics in the St. Louis Area? What would be the prices to move and set up the table? What if it needed new bumpers?

(I have some pictures of the table, but cannot post links, as I just registered.)

Miller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep and can do everything you might need.
Don't know who QBall is. Bob at C&C knows GC's

qball is ken thiemann and you wont find a finer table mechanic.
cant imagine you could go wrong with cue and cushion either.

qball and aj also build cues for some chump named scott frost.....

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have personally watched several of the mechanics in the St. Louis area recover GCs and in my opinion, it is not even close: Ken Thiemann, aka Q-Ball, is the best: 636 485-4354. He also makes a pretty mean cue and sponsors Scott Frost.

Lou Figueroa

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I came on this site to find a Mechanic. Found a 1st class mech for my GCIV(Bob DeTurk) and got a bonus..... Discovered Scott Lee. Great site is right.

bmsclayton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
both

Q ball and c and c are great. I bought my table from cc and yhey have moved it as well. Qball did all of the work at the pool hall I use to own on my gold crowns. He also does shooters olathe and alot of other local pool halls. He builds cues with aj and does tables with doug patrick and sometimes his son. He is a hurtin a little right now from lifting something heavy.
Both great choices.

suda

Thanks for all the great responses. Sounds like I can't go wrong with either. I'll let you know who I end up going with and how it goes.