Glad to see Earl playing well. His reward, for never quitting pro pool.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh... there could be nothing more rewarding in any life.

I call bullshit. :thumbup:

Hugh-Hefners-Playboy-Villa-nur-noch-Seniorenheim-Model-plaudert-aus-story-477858_1164x657px_b5005cbdcb2670e17c464364e0163148__2015_10_20_hugh_hefner_jpg_1336742_1164.jpg

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought that he played the best there all weekend long and it was too bad that, at least for the finals, it was not a call 9 ball event. He had taken over the momentum of the final match and had a combo rattle in the corner pocket very late in the game and then lost on a lucked 9 ball when his opponent shot a desperation attempt at hitting another intended object ball after being hooked.

One glaring point when watching this tournament- a lack of young talent in the US in terms of pool- I see very few, if any 18 to 25 year old Americans playing in these majors here in the US. Nonetheless, Earl was magnificent this weekend!

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought that he played the best there all weekend long and it was too bad that, at least for the finals, it was not a call 9 ball event. He had taken over the momentum of the final match and had a combo rattle in the corner pocket very late in the game and then lost on a lucked 9 ball when his opponent shot a desperation attempt at hitting another intended object ball after being hooked.

One glaring point when watching this tournament- a lack of young talent in the US in terms of pool- I see very few, if any 18 to 25 year old Americans playing in these majors here in the US. Nonetheless, Earl was magnificent this weekend!

lol desperation attempt.

Both played really well in the finals, but Earl made 2 huge mistakes at the end. Missed a very routine 6 ball, and then missed that combo. Although missing the combo could have happened to anyone. It certainly wasn't a hanger.

On the "desperation attempt" Shane made a hell of a hit escaping a really good safety, and the balls responded accordingly.

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From watching the stream, it seemed like a great match. Had a good amount of back-and-forth with the lead changing hands a couple times, and more high level safety play like their first match. The two misses were what hurt Earl, and I'll admit that I would have liked to see him pull it off. The commentators on the stream said that Shane and Earl were talking right after the match and when Shane mentioned that last 9 Ball, Earl said that a little luck is a part of the game, nice to hear he took that in stride.

It did seem kind of weird that afterwards, Shane ended up going over to the trophy on Table 7 and picked it up himself, kind of anti-climatic, and maybe he should have been presented with it, but with an ending like that last game, it threw things off a bit.

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just connected using the link in the Turning Stone thread on the "Live Stream" forum here.

kor b

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couldn't get stream on Facebook in Ky how did you get it?

You needed to go to the TS live stream thread then click on Upstate Al's photo icon in the bottom left (not the words that said click here)
This led you to Al's page with the live stream choice.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did anyone bother with a post tournament interview with Earl Strickland? If not, talk about a missed opportunity.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Did anyone bother with a post tournament interview with Earl Strickland? If not, talk about a missed opportunity.

Everyone in the chat was asking for it, begging even. But were told that everyone was tired and getting ushered out of the place. It only would've taken a minute and I wanted to hear his thoughts about the whole thing.. He was in great form the last couple matches from what I hear and he was playing pretty sweet in that last match.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Everyone in the chat was asking for it, begging even. But were told that everyone was tired and getting ushered out of the place. It only would've taken a minute and I wanted to hear his thoughts about the whole thing.. He was in great form the last couple matches from what I hear and he was playing pretty sweet in that last match.
He was a mistake and a roll away from another major win. And he seemed gracious. He brushed off the last 9-ball slopped in with, "it's 9-ball." He also slopped in a ball late, but for sure his was more plausible, and he still had to run out the rest of the (easy) rack.

Either way, I have to believe that 90% of viewers were pulling for Earl. I was.

Freddie <~~~ congratulations, SVB and Earl

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Unless it is running a 9b rack, nothing takes a minute with that bad mofo.