E.Ivantsov custom cocobolo cue with black shaft

Eugene Ivantsov

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me proudly present the first cue in my solo project.
In this model, I used a simple design, but I decided to focus on the choice of materials and on the quality of the design elements.
As a basis, I used a black hornbeam, a very common material for the manufacture of cues in my region, it has an excellent mass-density ratio, as well as the additional stability imparted to wood by a special dyeing method.
For decor, I used figured cocobolo wood, which in contrast with the deep black color got a fantastic look.
When building a butt, I used the classic technology with the use of the core. For the core, I used a solid bar of excellent black hornbeam. In the core, I milled the grooves so that the glue evenly filled all the voids and no air bubbles remained. Thus, I got a solid tightly glued construction, in which there are no metal compounds that could adversely affect the weight and balance of the cue.
For the manufacture of rings, I used high-quality dense plastic.
A single word is worth the shaft.
As you all know, the main part of any cue is the shaft.
Black Hornbeam shafts have already received good feedback from Canadian players.
Since I already have experience of successful manufacturing of the black hornbeam shafts, I decided to use this material for this cue.
Here are some quotes from my clients about the black shafts:

"In regards to maple or hornbeam , my opinion is hornbeam is slightly stiffer. A 12mm hornbeam shaft doesn't seem to bend or be whippy like many small diameter maple shafts. Hornbeam still has a firm feel to it."

"I have tried both of the Predator carbon fiber shafts and did not think they played better than the last shaft I got from you."

"The last black shaft I ordered from you was close to 31" and about 12.2mm no ferrule.
A friend of mine plays with a Predator 314-2 shaft.
I let him try your shaft and he likes it so much he bought it. For him it played very well and the extra length was what he really liked as he is not a tall player."

This cue was completely built according to client parameters:

Shaft
Length 31"
Taper 12mm tip,continue for 18 inches
.840 in joint
3/8x10

Butt
Length 30"
Weight 15oz
Balance 13,8 inches
Joint 3/8x10

Also included to the cue I made 6 inches extension with light weight and quick release joint(3/8x10) and beautiful joint protectors.

The result was a solid hit player with a stylish and concise design and accurate shaft.

If you want to know more information about the cue, contact the owner:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/member.php?u=54169

Thank you all for watching and reading. If you are interested in ordering a cue, please contact me on PM.

1glasslow.1553341519.jpg

2glasslow.1553341558.jpg

3glasslow.1553341623.jpg

4glasslow.1553341661.jpg

5glasslow.1553341700.jpg

1low.1553341752.jpg

3low.1553341808.jpg

4low.1553341843.jpg

1craiglow.1553341902.jpg

2craiglow.1553341929.jpg

Last edited:

rburgoyne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, beautiful cue, crazy figured cocobolo. Nicely done!

But that 4th pic down makes it look like there is a seam in the wood. Optical illusion I am sure, but I can't stop staring at it.

So, how does it play?

c-money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But that 4th pic down makes it look like there is a seam in the wood. Optical illusion I am sure, but I can't stop staring at it.

So, how does it play?

Hi

This is my cue and to tell you the truth I've never had a cue that plays as well as this one.
I have and have had a fair number of other cues from well known hall of fame maker and production cues.
I based some of the parameters from a Judd JT-5 I have and Eugene worked his magic to get it the way I wanted.

Eugene is a great guy to work with and I have no problem recommending him to others.

Craig

I can see myself selling my Hercek and a big Samsara in the near future, the Judd I'll keep.

Eugene Ivantsov

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So, how does it play?

This is just an illusion created by lighting, in fact it is a solid piece of wood.

11.1553789193.jpg

12.1553789216.jpg

Eugene Ivantsov

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi

This is my cue and to tell you the truth I've never had a cue that plays as well as this one.
I have and have had a fair number of other cues from well known hall of fame maker and production cues.
I based some of the parameters from a Judd JT-5 I have and Eugene worked his magic to get it the way I wanted.

Eugene is a great guy to work with and I have no problem recommending him to others.

Craig

I can see myself selling my Hercek and a big Samsara in the near future, the Judd I'll keep.

The best feedback can only be from the person who personally played our cues!
Thank you mr. Craig!

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very classy, nicely executed cue Sir. Thank you for sharing the cue, and the backstory.