A weekend with Yu Ram Cha

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Ok, this happened a couple weeks ago, but so much happened, I haven't had the energy to talk about it. Suffice it to say that the whole weekend was a farce, from me locking my keys in my running car, to a major freeway being closed to her losing her cell phone in a self-flushing toilet! But she did win the spot and I also want to give a big shout out to Kim A. Hole that was in the Finals with her. Kim also won the BCA Masters Nationals in 2006.

Also, a big thanks to Jo and Ted Woodward that hosted Yu Ram and me for the weekend.

After Saturday's competition, we played some friendly Scotch Doubles. Yu Ram and ex-world champion Dan Louie were paired together, and they were playing Jeff Jiminez (Mr. J) and a model named Amber. I doubled with a guy named Dave? that has a monster break, and we actually beat Yu Ram and Danny! :thumbup: Then we all went out to dinner. In the 45 minute wait, we were entertained by the guy taking a shower in the hotel across the street. :eek:

Here is a pic of us at the Cheesecake Factory: From L to R: Jo Woodward, Yu Ram, me, Amber, Danny, Jeff

Attachments

• July-Aug 08 334 (Medium).jpg
    July-Aug 08 334 (Medium).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 4,121

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
On Sunday, after winning the tournament, I felt she had to at least see part of Seattle, so I took her to Alki Beach for the spectacular view.

Attachments

• July-Aug 08 344 (Medium).jpg
    July-Aug 08 344 (Medium).jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 4,566

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
She also met my daughter, Carina, so here is a picture of 2 Asian cuties. I am also throwing in some other pics of my daughter and her friends.

July-Aug 08 342 (Medium).jpg

July-Aug 08 030 (Medium).jpg

n1298859835_70740_845.jpg

n1298859835_76440_7682.jpg

n1298859835_84615_2582.jpg

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yu Ram Cha is one of my favorite up n comers and I was devastated when I found out she was playing at Parlor from my friend Dave Huett and I was in at the other end of the state.

When he told me that he got to play scotch doubles with y'all I was envious indeed.

Congrats to Yu Ram Cha for qualifying!!!

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Luxury said:
Yu Ram Cha is one of my favorite up n comers and I was devastated when I found out she was playing at Parlor from my friend Dave Huett and I was in at the other end of the state.

When he told me that he got to play scotch doubles with y'all I was envious indeed.

Congrats to Yu Ram Cha for qualifying!!!

Did Dave tell you we whupped 'em? <giggle> He has such a strong break and he is taking lessons from Danny. Too bad you weren't there. She also has a monster break for someone that weighs about 85 pounds!

Attachments

• July-Aug 08 336 (Medium).jpg
    July-Aug 08 336 (Medium).jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 3,725

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes he told me you guys won despite being heavy underdogs. I have searched before and I can't find Yu Ram Cha video on YouTube or anywhere.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
It sounds like you had a great weekend, with a top off of she won the spot on the WPBA (she won't be needing to do that many more times).

I've never met you personally, just PM's, e-mail's, and on here, but everybody that has says you will and do go out of your way help people and have boundless energy for a 30 year old. Johnnyt

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Hapa women are always beautiful, a very unique look for sure. Thank you for posting the pictures, I have had the pleasure of meeting and competing against Yu Ram Cha before and think she is a great person/talent.

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
It sounds like you had a great weekend, with a top off of she won the spot on the WPBA (she won't be needing to do that many more times).

I've never met you personally, just PM's, e-mail's, and on here, but everybody that has says you will and do go out of your way help people and have boundless energy for a 30 year old. Johnnyt

Thanks for the sweet words and the gross misperception of age! :p Tried to rep ya, but it says I have done too much and will have to wait.

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Mrs. Brown, you've got a lovely daughter! :D

Did you just call me brown? ROFLMAO :grin: Yes, she is a fantastic daughter and 21 years old. She got all her freckles from her caucasian dad.

She's a fabulous dichotomy. She loves to read and speak Japanese (also knows some French and German), does sumi painting, origami, taught herself to knit, sews her own clothes, loves swing dancing, taking sailing lessons, is at the UW for a business major and is a fashion designer with her own label.

Here's a couple more pics where you will have to pick out which asian she is, :D Rep to the first person who figures out which one she is.

Here's a couple pics of gowns from her fashion line she had in her recent fashion show. She hand beaded the purple one and also a cream gown not shown.

Carina FIG (Small).jpg

Kodak EZ Share 266 (Small).jpg

Kodak EZ Share 268 (Medium).jpg

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Colin Colenso said:
Great pics and story Linda!

Yu Ram sure looks angelic. She'll have a lot of fans!

Colin

She really is an angel. Very sweet and gracious. She deserves to be known and have a wide fan base because she is a tiger on the table!

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
StevenPWaldon said:
LoL, losing her cell phone in a self-flushing toilet? Too funny!

Yes, she was wearing a little hoodie and her BORROWED cell phone was in one of the pockets and when she stood up and twisted to flush, the phone fell out and was instantly taken down the drain. I checked to see if it regurgitated up in any of the other stalls, but alas, it was gone. :eek:

arsenius

Nothing ever registers...
Silver Member
rackmsuckr said:
Yes, she was wearing a little hoodie and her BORROWED cell phone was in one of the pockets and when she stood up and twisted to flush, the phone fell out and was instantly taken down the drain. I checked to see if it regurgitated up in any of the other stalls, but alas, it was gone. :eek:

That must be a Korean thing... my gf did the same thing at the beginning of this year!!!