Sterling 2x4 hard cue case

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recently purchased this case from sterling and I must say it is definitely the most economical and best protection for the dollar of any case on the market. I had originally planned to buy a knockoff for $120 more but changed my mind at the last minute and I'm so glad I did. This case is very well made and has everything I needed, including pocket room and light weight. It features Barton's cushioned dividers and organic rebound which keep your cues snug and secure without being too tight. Customer service has been excellent as well and overall I am very happy with my purchase.

http://www.cuesight.com/sth6bk.html

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
Recently purchased this case from sterling and I must say it is definitely the most economical and best protection for the dollar of any case on the market. I had originally planned to buy a knockoff for $120 more but changed my mind at the last minute and I'm so glad I did. This case is very well made and has everything I needed, including pocket room and light weight. It features Barton's cushioned dividers and organic rebound which keep your cues snug and secure without being too tight. Customer service has been excellent as well and overall I am very happy with my purchase.

http://www.cuesight.com/sth6bk.html

You meant this case, has the ultrapadded cushions on the interior? How much is the original case worth? And where is the best place to trust for purchasing it, and does it ships globally? Thanks for helping =)

carter1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sterling cases with ultra-pad interior

Almost all of the Sterling cue cases are now featuring the ultra-pad interior.The Wave series was the first to have these, and was followed by the popular hard cases. So now, even a 1x1 (Model STH2XX) will have the plush interior. The sizes range from 1x1 all the way up to 4x8, and come in a variety of colors. With John Barton's help, Sterling is revolutionizing the cue case offerings by bringing a much higher level of quality to even the most inexpensive of their cue case line. The latest addition is a side zipper jump-handle pocket on the side of the large bottom pockets. The smallest sized cases do not have large bottom pockets, but all the rest do, and will now have this feature that you can not find on any comparable vinyl case.

greenlight

Go
Silver Member
I recently got a 2x4 sterling case as well and have nothing but good things to say about it. The interior is great. Everything is easily accessible. I recommend them to everyone. Great price too.

Spike8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you know where the Sterling cases are made? USA, China? I'm looking for a case but I am also on a Buy USA kick. Thanks.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Do you know where the Sterling cases are made? USA, China? I'm looking for a case but I am also on a Buy USA kick. Thanks.

Sterling Cases are made in China under my supervision.

This is my website www.jbcases.com

You won't find a case with the same level of protection that is entirely made in the USA. However there are some that are very good for you to choose from. You can find a partial list of those case makers on my website as well.

To read about how I feel about protection and what we do about it go here - www.jbcases.com/protection.html

Best,

John Barton

Spike8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello John,

Thanks for the reply. I was sort of leaning toward the Porper cases, mostly because I can’t spend a lot of money and it looks like his lower end (under $100) cases would do the job.

I really like what you do with the interior protection, but don’t have the money for a custom case right now.

I don’t read a lot about Porper cases on the forums, unless I am missing something.

Mike

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how to buy?

Sterling Cases are made in China under my supervision.

This is my website www.jbcases.com

You won't find a case with the same level of protection that is entirely made in the USA. However there are some that are very good for you to choose from. You can find a partial list of those case makers on my website as well.

Best,

John Barton

It seems as though you cannot make a purchase from the sterling site. I asks for dealer confirmation. How or where can an individual purchase a sterling case?

Flash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
contacting John Barton

Hello was trying to contact John regarding a case build. I have emailed him recently and sent a PM. How often does anyone see him on AZ? Well if anyone knows if he is taking time off, let me know. I know he will eventually get back. Love his cases!

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
STH12K-CU-E.jpg

dynamicmad

one pocket any one?
Silver Member
dealer account

I have a dealer account with sterlinbg please let me know if I can be of any help JB is desiging the cases for sterling so you know they are made well

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member

Spikeball, I'm with you .... about the 'Buy American' thing. We have lost so much of our manufacturing over the past ---how many--- years. I think we, the American people, are our best chance to get it back. And, with our unemployment where it is, we all need to help.

Kudos to you.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Spikeball, I'm with you .... about the 'Buy American' thing. We have lost so much of our manufacturing over the past ---how many--- years. I think we, the American people, are our best chance to get it back. And, with our unemployment where it is, we all need to help.

Kudos to you.

You do know that the case you own and promote is made in Mexico right?

If one wants to have a case that is inexpensive and made in the USA then the two choices for anything remotely similar to what I make is Joe Porper and Guiseppe. Both of those brands are made in California. I can't vouch that the workforce is entirely American but the cases are certainly made on US soil. Neither of these two brands are close to our quality in my naturally biased opinion.

I don't really understand the need to comment on the "buy USA" thing in a review thread but since you did then at least be clear that the case you use and promote was not made in the USA.

I understand that some people want to try and buy things that were made in the USA. I don't agree with this stance for all the reasons I have outlined on here many times. Again, this subject is touchy and should be discussed elsewhere.

But I respect a person's choice to spend their money as they see fit to do so. I provide products with the highest degree of quality and protection that I can. Right now those products are made in China. I have produced products all over the world. Someday I might make cases in the USA, or on the South Pole. No matter where I make them they will be MY cases and made to MY specifications and they will be better than whatever the competition is putting out. At least I will always try to make them better than my competitors.

This thread is a review of how well I did. In my opinion I built the best version of this style of case that has ever been made. I believe that the reviews confirm it.

The issue of where it was made and the geopolitical/economic hot button issues surrounding that are something that needs to be debated somewhere else.

I do not appreciate interjections like this into threads about my products which have nothing whatsoever to do with the product itself. I don't interject my thoughts on the origins, originality, or perceived quality of the products you tout and sell into your threads so please have some respect and afford my products the same courtesy.

If I have something to say about any of those subjects then I will make a separate thread about it.

Thank you,

John Barton - Case Maker for Sterling Gaming.

Spike8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey 8Ball48043 - Where in South Florida? My old stomping grounds.

And John... I have nothing against anyone buying anything from anywhere they want. And I sure wasn’t trying to make this a Buy American forum.

It’s just what I think is the right thing for me to do. Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. It sure wasn’t a dig against you at all. Not even close... I strongly believe in free trade. Always will.

Mike

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Hey 8Ball48043 - Where in South Florida? My old stomping grounds.

And John... I have nothing against anyone buying anything from anywhere they want. And I sure wasn’t trying to make this a Buy American forum.

It’s just what I think is the right thing for me to do. Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. It sure wasn’t a dig against you at all. Not even close... I strongly believe in free trade. Always will.

Mike

No offense taken. It's not your question I was referring to. Your question pertained directly to the product and your direct interest in it.

The question by 8ball had zero to do with the product and tends to be the type of comment that stirs up the dust on the endless globalization debate.

Free Trade also means Free Choice in products or the freedom to choose between those made as close to where you actually live and those made as far away as possible and everything in between. I am just against protectionism - which limits choice and raises prices and depresses wages - and at the end of the day only really protects the profits for a FEW manufacturers. But I digress, see it's really a deep issue. I don't have any problem with you making the choice to buy at home - I just encourage everyone to do their homework as "buy USA" is more often not as simple an issue as the slogan is to say.